Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Scavenging limitations ?

I heard today in game that we would no longer be able to scavenge in a pile if it was in the territory of a totem owned by someone else. I think I also heard that we would not be able to cut a tree on someone else's land which I think is great.

But can anyone confirm the bit about no longer being able to scavenge on a pile in someone else's totem range ?

The reason I ask is that my preference has been to not settle on a pile, it's a vast beautiful game, proximity to a pile is sort of necessary right now - but sitting on one was not my first choice.

But - if we can only scavenge on a pile not "owned" by anyone, that introduces new risk and probably means that I do have to settle on a pile...

Confirm ? Deny ? Anybody have facts ?

I would like to know this as well, if so it is GREAT.

Hopefully not. I'm guessing your right though.

Maybe someone correct us on this.

I hope they haven't messed with the current system. There are benefits and disadvantages to either way, but it should be announced and discussed rather than just added in arbitrarily in the last days before a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I would like to know this as well, if so it is GREAT.
    Listen....Do you hear it?......A great disturbance in Lake Tahoe:

Its as if hundreds of soloers suddenly cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.

I actually take back my previous statement. It is a horrible idea. Someone settled on a JP right outside our 10-20man clan limits, so if we want to bump up to a tribe radius he will be right in the way. So If this idea is not in-game, we are going to take all of his JP so he will move and we can upgrade to tribe.

terrible idea IMO. having ffa scavenging/logging makes it so tribes actually have to defend their territory instead of some magical barrier not giving them access to it

Quote Originally Posted by savageasf View Post
    terrible idea IMO. having ffa scavenging/logging makes it so tribes actually have to defend their territory instead of some magical barrier not giving them access to it
    ^ this

("^ this" is too short of a post now? I guess I will have to start putting "I agree with this poster 100%" or some garbage which means the same thing)

Not being able to harvest from another territory is an arbitrary mechanic. Last I checked there is the ability to hit people (and not get hit back on your land). That alone should be enough. The invisible barrier magically blocking harvesting is, well, b.s. to put it bluntly. Sure you cannot be on ALL the time, well too bad. No need to play the victim, you can go gather back or even ask, or EVEN BETTER.... charge 'em. As an in game land owner, I still find the concept poo poo.

Yes, the game is evolving so don't turn it into another game that you liked playing. It is it's own entity and will grow or perish as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Listen....Do you hear it?......A great disturbance in Lake Tahoe:

Its as if hundreds of soloers suddenly cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.
    Funny, seeing a show its going to hurt tribes just as bad, if not worse. Youve got 20+ people who are only able to scavenge within their tribal area. The in tribe drama over people taking too much for themselves because they play more and the others login to find almost no junk left should be amusing. If what the OP is saying is correct, youre only going to be able to scavenge within your own borders. theyll run out for you just as quickly, if not quicker than a soloer slowly building his stuff up, and then you wont eb able to get more from outside your tribal zone.