Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Minutes? Siege should take hours at least. I guess with defenses it could go into the hours, but that goes back to the game not being ready yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    Minutes? Siege should take hours at least. I guess with defenses it could go into the hours, but that goes back to the game not being ready yet :P
    Hours? Sieging?

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us? We're building tents and crap to start with. There not exactly any "sieging" to be done, just toss a piece of burning wood on it and **poof** end of siege.

We're not instantly placing grand building and castles and fortresses that can be defended.

You dont seem to really get exactly where we are and whats in the game right now. All the stuff youre saying is fine LATER, when things have advanced, we have more technology, bigger areas, etc, etc but it has absolutely no bearing on what is happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Hours? Sieging?

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us? We're building tents and crap to start with. There not exactly any "sieging" to be done, just toss a piece of burning wood on it and **poof** end of siege.

We're not instantly placing grand building and castles and fortresses that can be defended.

You dont seem to really get exactly where we are and whats in the game right now. All the stuff youre saying is fine LATER, when things have advanced, we have more technology, bigger areas, etc, etc but it has absolutely no bearing on what is happening right now.
    So you do want your entire tribe to go up in flames in minutes? I mean you were the one complaining about it. You can have realism or a game that works, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    So you do want your entire tribe to go up in flames in minutes? I mean you were the one complaining about it. You can have realism or a game that works, your choice.
    Youre kind of missing the whole point.

You want siege weapons, warfare, etc. What are you going to do? Take some battering rams, ladders, catapults, etc to destroy a tent?

That would be just flat out retarded.

Eventually, as things evolve, all of that will be fine. But right now, we're not ata point where any of that stuff would make any sense, and we simpyl dont have the tools & technology ingame to do much more until the game expands. So this whole siege, warfare, conquering, etc thing is not, as you said yourself, the answer to homesteads & the landrush.

The only people that would benefit from any form of conquering & warfare mechanics right now are the largest tribe or 2, because they could easily destroy everyone elses stuff before they have chance to even start building much of anything BECAUSE we dont have the better technology & some form of defenses yet. Even if the other tribes managed to push the larger ones back off their land, the minute they log out the large tribe is going to come right back and destroy it without even having to fight.

The only thing this would be an answer to is "how can the largest couple of tribes completely ruin the entire game in a day or 2?"

Kaiser I think you are taking a different definition of siege. You don't need catapults and battering rams to "Siege" something.

Siege: the action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack
    Siege: Military blockade of a city or fortification, designed to force it to surrender.

Nothing is needed except allowing people to "siege" (surround and attack).

Mhm, keep the servers as is. Move along and update combat, implement sieges... no problema. Boom, mind blow. You may kiss my toe ring.