Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tsunami In PACIFIC!! HUGE...check local news!

Sry...but a huge one at this hour...if you live in the island region...check your news...west cost US is even on alert....

[QUOTE=Risk;61255]Sry...but a huge one at this hour...if you live in the island region...check your news...west cost US is even on alert....[/QUOTE]

Oh no, Hawaii is going to get hit, too, looks like.

Hmm...hope the servers are on the east coast...

I heard it was 4 meters in Japan. Not nearly as large as the other one although the earthquake was a lot higher on the scale. Who knows what will happen other places. This should be in off topic though I would think.

8.9 off of japan...got a high spot? even San Fran is under alert

[QUOTE=NexAnima;61257]Hmm...hope the servers are on the east coast...[/QUOTE]

I think someone said Chicago?

I'm a little more worried about the poorer countries this could hit than about Cali or Japan or Hawaii. Their buildings can take a lot, at least I hope so. If you ever get a chance to look at earthquake and tsunami death toll differences when it hits a wealthy country vs when it hits a poor one, it will break your heart to realize how many needn't have died in the poorer countries.

[QUOTE=Risk;61255]Tsunami In PACIFIC!! HUGE...check local news! [/QUOTE]
    By local i think u mean international, all over the place!

I was watching CNN early this morning and was watching cars and boats floating down the street in Japan.
    I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I heard about the nuclear reactor there. They couldn't cool it or something.

[QUOTE=outfctrl;61271]I was watching CNN early this morning and was watching cars and boats floating down the street in Japan.
    I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I heard about the nuclear reactor there. They couldn't cool it or something.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703597804576194123030511478.html[/url]

[QUOTE]At Tokyo Electric Power's Fukushima Daiichi plant, three reactors shut down automatically as designed after a magnitude 8.9 earthquake struck off the northeast of Japan on Friday afternoon. The quake also caused diesel-powered generators used to cool the reactors to stop operating, leaving the utility company with a shortage of coolant to bring the reactors to a safe temperature. [/QUOTE]

be carefull on talking folks...two of the kids I was chatting with were in this.....once said WTF...and the other said he needed to get to a higher apartment....Im prayin for both of them...the waves are still an hour away from West Coast...but I hear its bad...everyone in the path...please be carefull...

and yes...if your in that region of those two plants....get the hell out...Reactors are safe for a few days...but better safe than sorry...<worried a Japanese 3 mile Island in 2 days...