Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    no but we should have an EU and NA server. you can split hairs all you like but the fact is that more players = more lag. I remeber talking to Virtus in game a few days after the last launch when there were not many people online and the lag subsided. I made a comment about it being due to there being fewer players ( it was a week day working hours) and he still insisted that was not and said it was because most people had stopped downloading the game by then. I mean come on its basic cause and effect if they had acknowledged the real issue weeks ago they may have been able to look at the code before now.

And anyway the fact that tjhere are virtually no action to do but we still have huge lag says something to me.
    It's easy to simplfy it, The fact remains we have lag due to 1.) a ton of connections are hammering the the servers all at the same time. 2.) The code is simply not optimized to handle it all. Adding another server would not fix this, all it would do is further diminish the player base. We don't need a second server for the simple fact we don't have the players to fill the first.

It's not splitting hairs when describing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    It's easy to simplfy it, The fact remains we have lag due to 1.) a ton of connections are hammering the the servers all at the same time. 2.) The code is simply not optimized to handle it all. Adding another server would not fix this, all it would do is further diminish the player base. We don't need a second server for the simple fact we don't have the players to fill the first.

It's not splitting hairs when describing the problem.
    I suppsoe if thats the case the code SHOULD be optimised, launch was supposed to be a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    I suppsoe if thats the case the code SHOULD be optimised, launch was supposed to be a year ago!
    Perhaps, but its not. So now you have 3 options, you could hold off for a while, quit or play through it.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    or play through it.

Play what exactly ..... chat online ..... or a fishing sim .... cause everything except for forage and fishing is disabled ....................

Well the reason the launch was delayed a year ago was supposedly becuase the code was messed up and had to be completly re written Jooky fired his dev team and re wrote it. Maybe its now time to fire himself.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that totem placements are a pretty big load (relatively speaking) on the server, what with calculating the tribe size by number of members, then the proper area to give the tribe, then checking for already existing totems that would interfere with the new totem...then placing the totem and telling everyone in range it's there and updating clients accordingly...and all of that happening as everyone's placing new totems, multiplying all the checks and sending all that info across a bunch of people. You'd load things up nice and quick.

Certainly it'd be every bit as intensive as a simple terraform having to inform everyone a bit of dirt had moved and what's involved in checking that and then displaying it to everyone properly.

lag improved yesterday only because people got board and signed off

they going have to make a Eu server this engine can't handle this many people

You don't add on to the size of your yard when your dog shits in it . You go clean up the shit .

Quote Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
    Wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that totem placements are a pretty big load (relatively speaking) on the server
    This was my thinking. It does have to recalculate all teh area borders for every totem dropped. This would also make sense as to why he devoted an entire day to just drop totems...

Quote Originally Posted by wulvgar View Post
    lag improved yesterday only because people got board and signed off
    OR because after the first hour, most people had their totems dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Franconian View Post
    You don't add on to the size of your yard when your dog shits in it . You go clean up the shit .
    that is an awesome way of thinking about it.
    and I endourse this product or service!