Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn stuff on!

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.
    I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.
    But what if isolating some activities by keeping other things off are helping them find and fix issues?

I can't program for crap, wouldn't even try, but I suspect that running a server is like setting up a grocery store and then letting customers in to wander around, only to realize an hour or two later that they've wrecked the place, but without knowing whether they messed things up by picking fruit from the bottom of a fruit display in a way that sent the whole thing crashing down, or if they knocked glass bottles off the shelf without realizing it because the bottles were too close to the edge, or if they've found another way to wreck your store. And that's where running a server has to be far more of a nightmare than running a grocery store, you don't always get to know right away who broke what and how.

Most people won't break anything on purpose (some jerks will, though) but even so, if something can break, someone will break it. If the only way to figure out how to keep players from accidentally breaking stuff is to start with the fruit display one day and add the bottles when the most determined klutz customer in the store can no longer pick that one fruit from the bottom back corner that sends the whole thing crashing down, then I hope they start with the fruit display.

I wonder where I stole that whole analogy from? Must've got it from somewhere.

I'm all for turning some things on as well.

please turn some stuff on. My wife will make me shovel the driveway if theres no game. its a big driveway, goes down the hill and around the corner, snow is wet and heavy. i love you guys, thankyou.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    I am going to have to start screenshotting posts from the people in charge around here. Nice to have those things for when your trying to provide information before a judge.
    This made me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    please turn some stuff on. My wife will make me shovel the driveway if theres no game. its a big driveway, goes down the hill and around the corner, snow is wet and heavy. i love you guys, thankyou.
    DEVS HELP THIS MAN IF YOU KNOW MERCY!! STUFF ON NOW!

Nice one man.

TURN STUFF ON! people are bored u wanna fix stuff. well people will stop loging in. when the server fills up is when issues happen. u cant fix the issues if no one has a reason to log in!. feel are pain. flip the swtich!

Maybe just turn on gathering/crafting...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    TURN STUFF ON! people are bored u wanna fix stuff. well people will stop loging in. when the server fills up is when issues happen. u cant fix the issues if no one has a reason to log in!. feel are pain. flip the swtich!
    BASIC troubleshooting of ANY problem dictates that you remove "features" so that there are less variables involved in the troubleshooting process. This helps pinpoint issues more efficiently. Turning on more feature right now, and letting more people on the server will NOT help them solve the problem faster.

This game is unplayable with the lag spikes up to 400-900ms. There is NO point in trying to force the game to work by beating your head against a wall repeatedly.

id like to point out game is unplayable when every1 logs in for a good 10 hours their was 0 lag till people woke up and logged in. So obviusly its not the FEATURES. and main language is english. also dont try to spur up flame wars or be the grammar king as no one cares. :-)