Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn stuff on!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Turn stuff on!

yea i know their alot of u angry cuz u didnt get that grand o spot. guess wat mine was taken also. So i live in the mountains now and will hike my stuff back. Jooky please turn the ingame stuff on. 3 days till launch u need this stuff on to fix any other issies and atm is the best time to do it. and Would make alot of us happy and glady deal withe the server up n downs :-).

Xsyon Citizen
    I'm with the fat guy.

Please, for the love of whatever is good, let them get the more important issues straightened out first, and then maybe get some sleep before they have to deal with turning stuff on!

Lag and server has been fairly good for me for the past few hours - i say turn a few things on then continue to test the server lag etc.

If everything continues to run smoothly, or you fix the lag that comes with opening a few more features then open the next set - maybe 3 at a time etc.

I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.

Yes please , turn some things on and let us actually " play " . Better to find out what isn't working " Sooner " than later .

Even if you only enable gathering and crafting for now , and leave terraforming off ........ just for the love of our " SANITY " let us do things

7. 03-12-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.
    I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    But what if isolating some activities by keeping other things off are helping them find and fix issues?

I can't program for crap, wouldn't even try, but I suspect that running a server is like setting up a grocery store and then letting customers in to wander around, only to realize an hour or two later that they've wrecked the place, but without knowing whether they messed things up by picking fruit from the bottom of a fruit display in a way that sent the whole thing crashing down, or if they knocked glass bottles off the shelf without realizing it because the bottles were too close to the edge, or if they've found another way to wreck your store. And that's where running a server has to be far more of a nightmare than running a grocery store, you don't always get to know right away who broke what and how.

Most people won't break anything on purpose (some jerks will, though) but even so, if something can break, someone will break it. If the only way to figure out how to keep players from accidentally breaking stuff is to start with the fruit display one day and add the bottles when the most determined klutz customer in the store can no longer pick that one fruit from the bottom back corner that sends the whole thing crashing down, then I hope they start with the fruit display.

I wonder where I stole that whole analogy from? Must've got it from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    yea i know their alot of u angry cuz u didnt get that grand o spot. guess wat mine was taken also. So i live in the mountains now and will hike my stuff back. Jooky please turn the ingame stuff on. 3 days till launch u need this stuff on to fix any other issies and atm is the best time to do it. and Would make alot of us happy and glady deal withe the server up n downs :-).
    Does anyone know when gathering and crafting will be turned on?