Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    For me eve (and maybe xsyon will be the same) focuses on intrinsic benefits and motivation for being evil. excitement, a feeling of notoriety ect ect . Not really physical benefits though.
    Yes. You are certainly correct. I don't play as the "evil" pirate/bandit in Eve. But I do know that people can play that type in Eve and not be completely crippled in other ways. Some of the more recent games that come out want to allow that type of behavior but they want to put so many consequences on it that no one will play that way--which I think is the wrong way to go about it.

Perhaps the issue is infact just to MANY ingame systems regulating the good/evil scenario, personally i think there should be a looser grip on this system, and let the community its self govern how evil/good players are dealt with. An example, a lone PK'er skills a gatherer, takes all the resources from him, however, unknown to the PK, that gatherer is a main point man for some of the main stream crafters on the server, who make the best items/equipment/whatever, upon learning, the resources he was about to recieve have been stolen, he can no longer continue his craft having to wait , or even worse, having to endure some minor stat decay! Now the PK'er in question wants so nice shiny axes making em, think hes gonna get em made easily? Perhaps not. I know there are loop holes to this, but in a sense, theres loop holes to those loopholes. And being left out of an ingame system, infact makes this games social system, far more complex and interesting. And to boot, really puts more
    sand into this sandbox. Player generated content ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Perhaps the issue is infact just to MANY ingame systems regulating the good/evil scenario, personally i think there should be a looser grip on this system, and let the community its self govern how evil/good players are dealt with. An example, a lone PK'er skills a gatherer, takes all the resources from him, however, unknown to the PK, that gatherer is a main point man for some of the main stream crafters on the server, who make the best items/equipment/whatever, upon learning, the resources he was about to recieve have been stolen, he can no longer continue his craft having to wait , or even worse, having to endure some minor stat decay! Now the PK'er in question wants so nice shiny axes making em, think hes gonna get em made easily? Perhaps not. I know there are loop holes to this, but in a sense, theres loop holes to those loopholes. And being left out of an ingame system, infact makes this games social system, far more complex and interesting. And to boot, really puts more
    sand into this sandbox. Player generated content ftw.
    For the most part I agree. Perhaps the problem wouldn't be so much of a problem if the same types of resources weren't found everywhere. But I also think that having some safezones, like in Eve, would also be a good thing.

Xsyon Citizen
    the combat system for good and evil looks good so far, although being evil seems a bit tough on the evil folks. so the good people will be able to kill the evil ones. jut not the good ones. withouth consequenses anyway...the system and explanation makes sense to ME as it was layed out and explained. this reminds me. i better look around at the surrounding tribes and see thier alignment! it also looks as though you can put a bounty on someones head. this all seems very "player generated" and choice driven. more than other games i've seen , so i'm happy with it.

well...time to see if i can log into this amish paradise. have fun yall.

How about being safe on lands of your friends? That would be logical to me. A bunch of people and tribes decides to form an alliance and first thing is putting people on tribe's friend's list. This way even evil tribes can create alliances and good ones can defend better from looters.

Yes there are loopholes but these are possible everywhere anyway.

It works in EVE because 95% of the "evil" players from low-sec cannot operate in the so-called safezones. If their reputation is too low, the NPC police (CONCORD) destroy them very fast when they enter the safezone, so 30% of the game world is effectively off-limits to "evil" players.

It is still possible to carry out "evil" deeds in the safezones, but it's severely limited, and usually has to be done with throwaway alts.

The rules of the Alignment System in Xsyon are not clear, as the whole system has only been described in generalised terms.

And what we do know is cobbled together from various posts and answers to questions in other threads, so the specifics are somewhat lacking. Many of these references are from a year ago, so there's no telling how much has changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    How about being safe on lands of your friends? That would be logical to me. A bunch of people and tribes decides to form an alliance and first thing is putting people on tribe's friend's list. This way even evil tribes can create alliances and good ones can defend better from looters.

Yes there are loopholes but these are possible everywhere anyway.
    Allowing tribes to choose where the safe zones are is almost always going to lead to abuse and loopholes. That's why they should have zones that are completely safe and free from building, some zones like now where tribes can choose where the safe zone is and be able to build just there, and then there should be areas where there are no safezones and where tribes can build and terraform practically unhindered. This wouldn't work so well if the game world is build like darkfall's, where there are only a few different resources and everything can be found anywhere, including inside of safe cities, but it'd work pretty great if there were a lot of different resources, and they were put in different areas.

Like have copper found in all three levels of safety, tin found in only the two PvP enabled areas, and iron found only in the full-blown PvP area. Then just balance the crafting around the avalibility of resources and so on.