Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When does the choice of a tribe "posture" comes ?

Few questions I would like the devs to anwser if the can:

1) When does the rest of the actions (terraforming, scavenging, etc comes)

2) When do we pick if we will go as a warring tribe or peaceful one and how ? and what are EXACTLY the implications of these choices (no more ad lib please)

3) Do you have a 6 months plan for us or ???? (hint: nature hates emptiness and as such when we are devoid of info we fill it up with stupid rumors) like really; make a six month plan and then add/remove to it; but make a plan. pretty please.

I am going to assume the rest of the features will come just before release as they might want to "test" all the features before the 15th just in case anything funky happends and last minute bugs etc (no confirmation though as of yet)

With the warring/peaceful etc - when you make your totem you have to pick what alignment you want. But as of what "effects" at this current stage i dont know.

Hope the devs answer your questions - just my little knowledge i have .

Choosing alignment is so silly. Why would anyone choose the one that was the least beneficial? From what's been said before, being evil is only going to have negatives and being good is only going to have positives. I really hope that that isn't the case and that the devs realize that for a game of this nature, that everything has to have positives and negatives for balance.

Like, in Eve, if you are "evil" then chances are you are going to be playing in low-sec and not have much access to high-sec. The negatives of this are that you will have limited access to high-sec content, a safe way to make some money, or access to the markets in high sec that have a greater availibility of goods and usually at a lower price. The positives are that you have access to low sec content, higher possible rewards, and resources only found in low-sec.

If you are "good" then you can play anywhere, but most people choose to stay in high-sec where the negatives are that you will not be able to lay claim to solar systems and will not have access to low-sec resources unless you purchase them. The positives are that you rarely need to worry about getting killed by a player, and resources are generally cheaper and more availible.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Choosing alignment is so silly. Why would anyone choose the one that was the least beneficial? From what's been said before, being evil is only going to have negatives and being good is only going to have positives. I really hope that that isn't the case and that the devs realize that for a game of this nature, that everything has to have positives and negatives for balance.

Like, in Eve, if you are "evil" then chances are you are going to be playing in low-sec and not have much access to high-sec. The negatives of this are that you will have limited access to high-sec content, a safe way to make some money, or access to the markets in high sec that have a greater availibility of goods and usually at a lower price. The positives are that you have access to low sec content, higher possible rewards, and resources only found in low-sec.

If you are "good" then you can play anywhere, but most people choose to stay in high-sec where the negatives are that you will not be able to lay claim to solar systems and will not have access to low-sec resources unless you purchase them. The positives are that you rarely need to worry about getting killed by a player, and resources are generally cheaper and more availible.
    so in a way evil does not have any advantages then in eve either? both good and evil can play in low sec so that cant be it.

My understanding is that "good" will not be able to fight/raid against other tribes, while "evil" will. This won't necessarily come into play early. But when supplies (junk piles) are low, the "good" tribes won't be able to go out an fight for new equipment, while "evil" will have that option.

It could become a serious advantage to a tribe to be able to leverage attacks/sieges later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolo View Post
    My understanding is that "good" will not be able to fight/raid against other tribes, while "evil" will. This won't necessarily come into play early. But when supplies (junk piles) are low, the "good" tribes won't be able to go out an fight for new equipment, while "evil" will have that option.

It could become a serious advantage to a tribe to be able to leverage attacks/sieges later in the game.
    but only against other evil tribes?

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    so in a way evil does not have any advantages then in eve either? both good and evil can play in low sec so that cant be it.
    I suppose you do have a point, but I guess since the universe has different levels of PvP consequences, it makes it feel more balanced. No one playstyle is left out and anyone can find a place where they fit in.

For me eve (and maybe xsyon will be the same) focuses on intrinsic benefits and motivation for being evil. excitement, a feeling of notoriety ect ect . Not really physical benefits though.

Evil/good/neutral alignment has nothing to do being a warring tribe, its 2 different things.
    Here is some explanation about the alignment system:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

Later on any tribe who want to be a warring tribe can choose to be that. This will most likely be implemented after Prelude, and will be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Evil/good/neutral alignment has nothing to do being a warring tribe, its 2 different things.
    Here is some explanation about the alignment system:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

Later on any tribe who want to be a warring tribe can choose to be that. This will most likely be implemented after Prelude, and will be optional.
    ive never made sense of that alignment system post seems to be a lot of words with little substance