Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tribe radii

tribe radii

we have a 5 member tribe and our area is still the same as a homestead is anyone else getting this problem still?

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    we have a 5 member tribe and our area is still the same as a homestead is anyone else getting this problem still?
    Did you set a totem down before you had 5 members? If so you may have to reset it to have the changes take affect.

nope it has always had 5 members

our band of 5 when we placed the totem yesterday after 2nd placement reset was fine. the radius was slightly larger then the homesteads original radius b4 it was shrunk. when we gained a 6th member it grew another few yrds so its all working now as far as i can tell

Also, are you comparing it to the old homestead size or the new one? If you hadn't heard, everything was shrunk. A band size is pretty much the same size as the original homestead plot.

We have a band of 8 players and it seems to be proper.

yea i was comparing it to the old homestead size. so what your telling me is now that i have 5 people in a tribe we would have been better off just making 5 homesteads and working together? this seems like one f*** up after another. it seems like to me that they are catering to the larger tribes by giving the smaller tribes and homesteads the shaft. make radii the same as they were no reason to change it.

the band radius expands when more ppl join it

plus the new homestead size is like half the old one i think now

Even the homesteads have been shrunken. So it would not help by 5 people going solo/homestead.

so say homesteads are 15m 5x15 =75 the new tribe radius= around 30-40 how is that even remotely fair? 5 people being crammed into the old size of one person and if you do the math correctly if we put those 5 homesteads near each other we can cover a lot more area.

I can see why 5 doesn't get 5 times what one does, although I admit, 5 crammed into the space of a solo homestead seems really crowded.

Reasons for and against turning one band into 5 homesteads:

You only need one fence as a band, same as a solo player (or maybe you'll want a moat/wall/moat/wall/fence intricate type layering, but either way, you still only need it at the perimeter, and if you do decide to put any or all of that up, it takes up a lot of space. The same amount of space for 1 as for 5). If you put up 5 homesteads, you'll need 5 separate perimeters (unless there's a way to connect homesteads with defenses, could be, I wouldn't know). Most of your space will still be taken up by 'fence' if you decide to fence anything at all.

On the plus side, though, resources too spread out to be covered by your one safe zone could be covered by 5 homesteads.

Then again, you can't help each other terraform or build, correct? You would have to abandon your totem to join someone else's homestead in order to help them do any terraforming or building.

Someone can probably kill a visitor before an invulnerable homesteader can kill them or drive them off.

You can expand with every member you recruit if you stay a band. So unless you're certain you want to remain 5, you give up the potential space around you when you split into 5 homesteads.