Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Enough with the armchair programmers please.

Unless some of you here are professional game programmers with MMO experience, please stop pretending you know what Notorious should be doing right now and just let them do their jobs. If turning on features or adding more load to the server would help them, THEY WOULD DO IT. Those of you who do not work on complex systems or programming code likely have little clue how to troubleshoot these problems correctly.

If you are all going to continue throwing a temper tantrum on the forums, at least admit that this is what you are doing. The people who want and need this game to work more than ANY of you are the game's developers. This is their livelihood. For you it is a GAME. Go outside, get some air and perspective and let them do their job.

congrats. your winner for complaining about the complainer whose board.

I want them to keep posting! I find there QQ's entertaining. I mean i could spend money on a book, but theres far more drama on these forums. I'm lovin it.

/totally agree OP

though half of them (not all) are trolls and it doesn't help to fight with them; it's what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    I want them to keep posting! I find there QQ's entertaining. I mean i could spend money on a book, but theres far more drama on these forums. I'm lovin it.
    agreed, this is what I paid 40 bucks for

I didn't know we get to play a game as well.

Ditto with OP; Launch is on 15 MAR guys... patience my minions, patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    Ditto with OP; Launch is on 15 MAR guys... patience my minions, patience...
    Official launch, not pre-order launch. Doesn't help their cause much that they royally screwed up totem placement.
    Doesn't bother me too much as I have to work tonight anyway but I had hoped to get a little play time in this weekend considering this is supposed to be our prelaunch.

But I understand why others are a bit peeved. I just hope they work it all out in time because if they can't get it together at latest by the 15th, I fear they'll lose alot of players....

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Those of you who do not work on complex systems or programming code likely have little clue how to troubleshoot these problems correctly.
    Exactly.
    Everybody with experience in this field knows that the proper way to troubleshoot these problems is by launching the game after you made several unrelated and untested changes to it.

Xsyon Citizen
    While I am sure your technical expertise is considerable, you have a serious problem with tunnel vision if you think the devs' technical concerns are the only relevant consideration at play here.

There's a reason engineers are infrequently entrusted with exclusive control over the business model of a company that's expected to bring in profits.

I am going to venture outside today, get my mind off the game. Yep, my mind has been on this game steady since i first logged in sometime last month. Thats the way i seem to do things, all or nothing. Gonna sit at the lake where the snow has melted back and have a few beers.
    Right, i'll sit down there and think of the game, or at least stew on the pressure inside me to get on-line and accomplish something in my game world. This is what it comes down to for me, a nearly physical need to be progressing in-game, because real life just isnt as interesting. Books, t.v., scrabble , these things dont hold my attention for long. Gotta keep my mind occupied with the pseudo world some decent games provide. yep, sad but true. It also provides a fix other than drinking (which i can always get into.). So right on, to the lake i go, havent had a beer for a couple months, should be an alright day. Have a good one!