Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    5.) Is there a beta?

No. There is only an early access for those who have pre-ordered.

thats lifted straight from the FAQ it says EARLY not INSTANT
    You got instant access once you pre-ordered. You could play before the original early access date.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    We been promised over and over again the headstart ^^. First was two weeks then it was two weeks again now it was supposed to be week... 3 times promise broke so xsyon whats happening? The third stage should have started yesterday but all we still can do is forage run fish or jump even packman is more entertaining at this stage lol...

This feels too much like beta and by amount of rage on forums it seems xsyon is crumbling ^^...
    Yeah I want to know what happened to our "headstrat" as well - I mean it sounds so much better than a headstart !

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Yeah I want to know what happened to our "headstrat" as well - I mean it sounds so much better than a headstart !
    don't be that guy...

Someone said you were the forum police and I believed it. Flaming on a typo. . makes sense

GTFO Global Chat - I am turning into a troll due to it.
    Oh. . there it is.

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding a head start. Right now, I think most people (including the Devs) would just be happy to get the game up running and stable. The way things are going, it isn't readily evident we will even have a playable game again by the 15th.

So, I'm not one of those that are immediately worried about whether I get a head start. In fact, I'd be happy to welcome others into the game in two days, if the game is running with everything turned on, isn't crashing every hour, and has little or no lag.

One step at a time ...

no offense are flame here but the people that are angry have a right to be. you can say we got to play early but to do what pull weeds,jump and run i mean im not angry but some have the right to be.

Quote Originally Posted by toolowdown71 View Post
    no offense are flame here but the people that are angry have a right to be. you can say we got to play early but to do what pull weeds,jump and run i mean im not angry but some have the right to be.
    You spent the last year just doing that?

Headstart, too, can mean different things...not just having built some shelters and leveled some skills. Could also be taken as having got to experience it before the final wipe and having more of an understanding of how things work, where you wanna live etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Headstart, too, can mean different things...not just having built some shelters and leveled some skills. Could also be taken as having got to experience it before the final wipe and having more of an understanding of how things work, where you wanna live etc.
    Head start has a common meaning: you get to play the game before other people do.

For Xsyon, it has no meaning. If you paid the money, you get to play. You do get a weapon for "pre-ordering", but you don't get to play before anyone else. In fact, nobody can play now.

As a programmer having worked on very large projects, there are definite stages: concept, alpha, beta, pre-release, release. We are about 1/2 way between concept and alpha right now. In software terms, beta means you have all the features in, and they have passed unit testing. The system has been put together, tested, and you believe it should all work. You allow friendly people to try it, with no warranty that it will work in production. Alpha means you have all the features in, and they have passed unit testing, but the system has not been completely activated, and no one expects it to work. That is where we are now, except the features are not all in.

So what does "head start" mean in this context? Nothing really, you can pay your money now to get to play a barely-alpha stage game. Except you can't even do that now. All you can do is pay the money, as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    You spent the last year just doing that?
    no actually i spent the last month playing the game fully except when they turned teraforming off didnt say i was angry notice how i said that in my post but whatever seem's no one can post here without someone trying to make other's look stupid lol. people have a right to be angry and people have the right not to be and defend the game but you have to respect each other.