Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I don't think people are that upset about not being able to play proberly, because they just waited a month so whats a few days more. I think waiting for something to happen and refreshing that Updates post is more annoying.

Devs should really post status updates more frequently so people don't have to wait without knowing. At least twice a day, few words about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    Head start has a common meaning: you get to play the game before other people do.

For Xsyon, it has no meaning.
    I would argue that head start means more or less nothing in 99% of MMO releases.

Just like in Xsyon, most anyone who is going to buy it on "launch day" has already bought it by "head start launch day." It's just marketting to make simpletons feel like they're getting something special.

Some people just like to feel like they are victoms, so this "head start" is a big deal to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I would argue that head start means more or less nothing in 99% of MMO releases.

Just like in Xsyon, most anyone who is going to buy it on "launch day" has already bought it by "head start launch day." It's just marketting to make simpletons feel like they're getting something special.

Some people just like to feel like they are victoms, so this "head start" is a big deal to them.
    this actualy not anymore about headstart why is all the stuff still turned off name me any mmo where you had launch with stuff turned off?

Technically 'launch' is still two days out. If things get turned on tomorrow he's good. And if they get these lag issues that cropped up with everything off sorted out first that'll be better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    this actualy not anymore about headstart why is all the stuff still turned off name me any mmo where you had launch with stuff turned off?
    Oh Oh me! MO. . launched with many features turned off. Not as bad. . but that is the only one I can think of.

Its gonna be maddness if thay wait to turn everything on the 15th.The server will crash like every 2 min insted of 10 min.Will probably here popen sounds in the game as the server melts lol

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I remember once we were late on designing a chip, 9 months late! We got in trouble! I asked if we got in more trouble because we were late, or because we didn't alert senior management that we were 9 months late until the day we were due. Well, it was the latter. We would have been better off just saying up front that we're not gonna make it, and need more time, a LOT more time. Instead, we kept it a secret until the actual delivery day, and THEN we said oops, we're gonna be 9 months late.

I have a bad feeling that this is happening here too. The delivery day has come and gone, twice. The game is still not playable, and the final due date is less than 48 hours away. I think we'd be better off if Jordi just came out and said this is how it is, instead of saying nothing.

Notorius has had my money for a month now, and I still don't have a playable game. I still want to play, and don't believe in refunds if you don't like the game. But the lack of communication is beginning to wear. I just wish he would pick one of the answers below:

1) the game is ready, and I'm turning on the features today or tomorrow, launch as planned on the 15th
    2) the game is not ready, and realistically, it will take several more months to get there
    3) I don't know whether the game will work or not, we are just winging it.
    ^ This. Wise words in my opinion.

All the love and respect for this awesome programmer, but still, give realistic clarity about the current state of the game.
    It will ease the minds of most of us that want Xsyon to succeed (and at the same time give Jordi/Notorious his rest and health back).

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Well when it says "Be among the first to explore and settle the World of Xsyon!" there's nothing there about gathering/hunting/pvp/crafting. I guess you're right! YAY DEVS THANK YOU!

Also after the first wipe we were promised 2 additional weeks of free play. Too bad the last 2 weeks have either been totally pointless or unplayable.
    You will be getting 2 weeks of free play;

Game goes live March 15th so originally you would get 8 weeks of play which runs out May 15th. As it is now add 2 weeks on to that so it will be around June 1st before you get charged for a sub fee. So you will get your extra 2 weeks

Ehh look at Mortal Online that game is horrible and it is still here. So Up with hope for Xsyon!