Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with no terraforming or building as long as I know that i will be able to secure the cave somehow later on when safe zones are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoot View Post
    I have chosen a cave in hopes that when decay is implemented, it will provide protection from the elements. I can't build structures yet and really don't have much room other than said cave.

Also, does anyone know if will there be any way to utilize a gate or door at the cave's entrance? I have tried all the walls and barricades I know of and I always get, "There are objects in the way." But, I haved moved everything and there is nothing in the way, even moving further out from the entrance. Is the cave itself causing this error message?

If caves were not to be meant as dwelling places and there is no way to secure it, I need to move on before I accumulate too much stuff.
    The object in your way is the cave itself, its considered as rock and blocks building. If they don't change it you won't be able to build anything close to it.

They plan to add comfort boost for buildings and protection from decay for items (baskets) that are placed inside the building. I guess caves won't give this features...would be nice if they gave though.

They plan to add comfort boost for buildings and protection from decay for items (baskets) that are placed inside the building. I guess caves won't give this features...would be nice if they gave though.
    Should they really? I mean, can you really imagine living in a cave? Can't be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Should they really? I mean, can you really imagine living in a cave? Can't be great.
    Hmm why ? Is a tent any better ? None of them has a bathroom or something like that
    Caves are bigger and can be kept warmer I think...not as I ever tried, lol.

But if there was a real apocalyptic world and I had to choose between a small tent and a big cave with a door I'd choose the cave. Would you go for the tent ?

But if there was a real apocalyptic world and I had to choose between a small tent and a big cave with a door I'd choose the cave. Would you go for the tent ?
    Depends on which one was dry I guess. So yeah, I guess they should provide 'some' level of comfort. At least something above standing out in the snow.

My cave is larger than a cheif's tent and is quite cozy. I suppose I will gamble on it becoming functional. I don't really want to move.