Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Does having spaces in your name on the forum cause lag in the game?

I do not agree that exploiters only exploit for the good of the game.

Next we will hear arguments that the founding fathers and countless soldiers died so that people can be douchebags in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze View Post
    Don't mind jump he's a bit of a forum whore lately think they can fix this by turning some shit on!!!
    ]

It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    So how does this solve the problem? A random noob can still create a 32 character name (it's not exactly a hard exploit to abuse), not know any better then get banned and be out of $40 for absolutely no reason? Nice business model you're espousing, broseph.
    Collateral damage broseph. Sometimes you gotta break eggs...

Are you claiming that the majority of the people doing this are doing so accidentally? I suspect it is more likely they are doing so maliciously.

Ok, you go first.

Give us something other to do other than twiddling our thumbs, and I predict trolling will be reduced by 72.89%.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Give us something other to do other than twiddling our thumbs, and I predict trolling will be reduced by 72.89%.
    I think your numbers are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I do not agree that exploiters only exploit for the good of the game.

Collateral damage broseph. Sometimes you gotta break eggs...

Are you claiming that the majority of the people doing this are doing so accidentally? I suspect it is more likely they are doing so maliciously.
    Does it really matter if they're doing it purposefully or accidentally if the developers refuse to actually solve the problem rather than shutting the servers down to delete every ridiculous name people come up with? It seems to me that it would be more productive for them to figure out why I can put 32 characters of any sort into the character creator, then solve that, make one patch and never have this issue again.

Of course people are doing this for malicious purposes, but how the devs react also influences this. Shutting down the server, inconveniencing everyone over one person with a stupid name seems like a massive waste of everybody's time. They could choose to leave the person with the retarded name until the problem is actually fixed, then in one patch fix the issue and remove all of the ridiculous names.

Or they could change it with those ingame tools they claim to have. Because they can totally change people's names without shutting the server down, they just choose not to, of course.

Xsyon Citizen
    I dont know about banning people being a good idea but how about making them mute so that no one can see them bitching on the global chat? i don't see any exploits that really effect the (pre) game but the global chat is becoming an issue with alot of folks. i dont ming the global chat when its just people talking, arguing or rambling on, but this guy named beaver or cleaver, reaver or whatever... has been spamming his whine-fest since this morning in hopes that this will make the devs move faster. or at least thats my assumption. non stop one word complaints and curses in caps that quickly scrolls the chat so that others cant chat. it's one thing to complain about the game coming on late. can't blame anyone for that. but typing one word per post on the chat and spamming nonsense disrupts everyones elses ability to chat. we're all pissed about the delayes, but most of us are acting like adults.

yeah.i'm mad. lol. as a hatter.
    when the game starts, i'm gunna find that guy, knife him and take his pants and make a flag from it.

in other news, that long name issue has become kinda funny (other than the fact that it's delaying the game.) the shylock name was the best. made my day.

well it's 5:30 and i have no hope fort hings to get started today, so it's back to fishing and forage and mountain climbing. have fun yall and don't forget to knife that guy when you see him. i swear....

lol banning people for their own mistake is like shooting yourself in the leg then blaming some random guy because you shot yourself in the leg.