Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We need more BANS

Seriously, just keep the 50 bucks and ban annoying/exploiting/trolling people.

Let them go back to whatever game accepts douchebags and let this community be full of flowers and sunshine.

They all seem to be ex-Darkfall players.. go figure =p

I may of thrown some sarcasm in at the end, but I am not trolling. One of the things I like about this game is they have already banned some folks. Much better than letting them run wild.

And its not that some people annoy ME, it's that they INTENTIONALLY annoy anyone.

And if this toolongname thing is a problem for jooki, he can ban his way to a solution imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    They all seem to be ex-Darkfall players.. go figure =p
    I loved DFO but had the shittiest community.

Who exploited? Just ban anyone you think is exploiting?

Isnt there a similar problem in RL with immigration?

Yes because banning people for exploiting bugs (that by the way, have no real impact on gameplay) in a paid beta is an excellent way to make a good game.

Maybe try to fix the problems the game has instead of banning anyone who dares to look for and abuse them, thereby exposing them to the community at large? Maybe add basic language filters, maybe add functioning in game administration tools? Maybe fix the broken character creator that allows you to make ridiculous 32 character names with any sort of characters desired instead of just removing the spaces from everyone's names and changing my ridiculous name while not actually fixing the problem? I think that's a pretty good list of ideas myself, anyone else care to weigh in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    Yes because banning people for exploiting bugs (that by the way, have no real impact on gameplay) in a paid beta is an excellent way to make a good game.

Maybe try to fix the problems the game has instead of banning anyone who dares to look for and abuse them, thereby exposing them to the community at large? Maybe add basic language filters, maybe add functioning in game administration tools? Maybe fix the broken character creator that allows you to make ridiculous 32 character names with any sort of characters desired instead of just removing the spaces from everyone's names and changing my ridiculous name while not actually fixing the problem? I think that's a pretty good list of ideas myself, anyone else care to weigh in?
    Ya that longwinded solution, or just ban those "daring" souls who think being a douchebag is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Ya that longwinded solution, or just ban those "daring" souls who think being a douchebag is a good idea.
    Daring? Too daring to shed light on an issue that could solve lag?
    Rather you stay in game all day and spam an action.

So how does this solve the problem? A random noob can still create a 32 character name (it's not exactly a hard exploit to abuse), not know any better then get banned and be out of $40 for absolutely no reason? Nice business model you're espousing, broseph.

So I guess they need to put a warning over the character creator: THE LIMIT IS SUPPOSED TO BE 12 CHARACTERS BUT OUR GAME SUCKS SO YOU CAN INPUT 32, BUT DON'T DO IT OR WE'LL BAN YOU!

To me, I guess it just makes more sense to actually solve problems instead of banning people and denying they exist. But what do I know?

yes, lets ban people because they annoy you.

and of course you would like a ban yourself, since this is obviously a troll post (sorry, can't resist the troll)

Seriously, just keep the 50 bucks and ban annoying
    No
    exploiting
    Yes
    trolling people.
    No

Your idea has 33% of my support.