Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best GFX options for Prelude?

Hello Everyone,

I know you guys must be going as crazy as me while you wait for the server to come back up. So i have been at the log in screen for some time now and decided to play with my video options!

Just wanted to ask you guys, what the max setting you can have are? Obviously im not talking about Distances/Shadows/Effects... I mean Under Options>>Graphics window.

Will the game look better with Vsync on?
    Will it look better with Anti-A on 0 or 8x?
    And the Texture Filter...what's the best options for graphics?

(considering your machine can run the game at it's fullest, what would you gfx techy ppl suggest?)

Sorry if i posted in the wrong place, but im sure it will answer questions for many more than just myself!

Im guessing you want the answers aswell? I don't mean to be a pain i just want the game to look at it's best!

Yes they are all up to date, im just not sure what AA, Vsync and Texture Filter should be on??? Can you help me out?

Xsyon Citizen
    i can help out a little. although i dont know what all the terms mean, AA should be at its highest as far as i know so 8 sounds good. i have mine at 8 but i really didnt notice much of a difference from 4 if any. i have everything else on as high as possible and every now and then i add more yards to the tree distance and other stuff. if your computer can handle it , just put everything at its highest setting. otherwise as far as the terms go...google is your friend.

Anti Aliasing reduces jagged edges

Vsync is vertical syncronization. Vsync locks the frames at the vertical (up and down) refresh rate of you monitor when enabled, but also reduces performance

Texture filters to give an image the appearance of depth or substance

but honestly it doesn't really look any better afterward >.>

Xsyon Citizen
    1024x768x60
    off
    off
    0x
    low
    bilinear
    512m
    normal
    32m
    16m
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off
    low
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off
    off

Game doesn't crash if I can get past loading entities!