Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoW.... terrain

WoW.... terrain

Update to starting terrain everything else will remain off....

1 question, why?

why pay attention to starting terrain when the vast majority makes a character and books it as fast as they can away from the spawn points?

if i misunderstood the info on the launcher i apologize in advance.

They are adding more junk piles to the starting areas they say, why? I don't know. They also took away global chat.

They said they had to fix terrain as terraforming was causing huge server strain and the terrain fix fixes that I think.
    The reason why everything else is still off is in the patch notes. they said it will remain off until they see if this patch was good; if it fixes stuff they will turn on stuff, if not they will try another patch

I dont understand why they added more junkpiles to the starter areas. Its as if they dont want us to venture further. What they are saying is "Hey guys, here you have a pretty big world to populate. But we only put the much needed junpiles near the lake so you all stay there." And then they find it strange there are lag problems? Im a bit confused by this strategy. Id say put more junkpiles away from teh starter areas so that people dont cluster at the lake.

Taking away general chat...Devs I salute you. Thanks.

ya know.. junkpiles don't last forever, they eventually deplete, and more junkpiles are created when people throw out a lotta shit in one area

Quote Originally Posted by Qistnix View Post
    I dont understand why they added more junkpiles to the starter areas. Its as if they dont want us to venture further. What they are saying is "Hey guys, here you have a pretty big world to populate. But we only put the much needed junpiles near the lake so you all stay there." And then they find it strange there are lag problems? Im a bit confused by this strategy. Id say put more junkpiles away from teh starter areas so that people dont cluster at the lake.

Taking away general chat...Devs I salute you. Thanks.
    That is exactly what he did.. By * starter area * he said he means the entire starting area which is the entire map.He made it clear junk piles were being added to places they hadn't been before.

Yeah if there are more junk piles spread around the world it will tremendously help with the complaints about not getting a good spot. Hopefully we will see them spread out equally and in a variety of sizes.

How short some memories are... I feel pretty certain that they made more junkpiles to pacify all the people that that were complaining that they 'lost their spots' when they did the unannounced roll back the other day, without allowing enough time for people to adjust before doing it. More junkpiles means more starting areas with an (initially) ample supply of resources. Desired result? Less complaining.

my .02

Kaj

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    That is exactly what he did.. By * starter area * he said he means the entire starting area which is the entire map.He made it clear junk piles were being added to places they hadn't been before.
    If this is so I stand corrected. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Qistnix View Post
    I dont understand why they added more junkpiles to the starter areas.
    I think for Jooky starter area is everything outside the mist.

Ravelli