Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Good Lord, I've got 60mbps down thanks to Charter Ultra60, and I'm still downloading after more than half an hour since the updater stopped responding and I had to restart it... and there was half an hour before that crash, too... it only took me forty minutes to download the 4.5gig Dragon Age II install from Steam...

Well it has started to periodically show certain zones being updated. So I am hopeful it will continue after it has already stopped responding twice.

Alright, I've made a bit more progress this time. Nobody breath or move dammit!

Nah something has to be wrong I have got "Not Responding" three times already! My buddy has had it twice already. Something is wrong indeed, maybe a big patch, but it shouldn't stop responding because of it. I guess I don't see this game being ready in one more day, I hope they can resolve all the problems in one more day, I mean it took hours to fix the name exploit problem.

Still slowly crawling through zone changes here. they come up for maybe a minute or two then they vanish.

I don't think this game is ready for March 15.

But to be honest... I don't see what is the rush for the Dev to push this game to go live? I mean, we have all paid the $40 to beta the game anyway? He probably has gotten 80% of the money he can? I honestly doubt there is a boatload of people waiting at the line on March 15 to purchase this game. So why would he push for the March 15 date?

Quote Originally Posted by Seymore View Post

But to be honest... I don't see what is the rush for the Dev to push this game to go live? I mean, we have all paid the $40 to beta the game anyway? He probably has gotten 80% of the money he can? I honestly doubt there is a boatload of people waiting at the line on March 15 to purchase this game. So why would he push for the March 15 date?
    Investors don't often take to futher pushing back development sometimes, MMOG's cost millions each year in development, sometimes you just run out of time and have to release what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymore View Post

Well if the game is truly struggling with issues then yeah it should have it's released delayed, but I think a lot of folks are wanting the game to launch, even those who pre-ordered and are from beta.

Is the latest installer 20110225? Can anyone confirm this?