Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes resources are worth fighting over, but we current don't have the option to non-mutually attack another tribe for them. Until then it's a problem.

Seems like the idea is to stall resource related pvp until the actual mechanic is fully implemented. Those of us who want that territorial control/conquest mechanic will have to be patient, I guess.

I agree with the OP. I think "junk" being the main raw resource in this game should be scarce, or at least get continuously more scare as the game progresses. Sure, junk isn't what's going to have value, but the items crafted from them will be as limitless as the junk they're crafted from if it is overly-abundant. Scavenging feels a lot less impactful when theirs an unlimited amount of stuff to scavenge. It becomes more of a waiting game than a game of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Now how about adding more trees, sand, tar, chalk, and obsidian where they're scarce....yeah...that's right...might as well give everyone everything. Wouldnt want some people to actually have to enteract with others. Make every tribe or homestead self sustaining.
    You sound exactly like the whiners of which you complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Seems like the idea is to stall resource related pvp until the actual mechanic is fully implemented. Those of us who want that territorial control/conquest mechanic will have to be patient, I guess.
    I'm afraid you will have to hold onto your dreams of virtual world domination just a little bit longer.... now stop sucking your thumb and please, keep your hands on the table where we can see them.

Zerlargal

Quote Originally Posted by Zerlargal View Post
    You sound exactly like the whiners of which you complain.

I'm afraid you will have to hold onto your dreams of virtual world domination just a little bit longer.... now stop sucking your thumb and please, keep your hands on the table where we can see them.

Zerlargal
    Poor Armand, that was pretty harsh, Zerlargal. All he said was it stalls what is essentially meaningful pvp until the mechanics are implemented. He isn't a member of a tribe I associate with daily calls for a map takeover zerg.

I'm a harsh bastard with nothing to do -> points at Xsyon dev's

I take back the thumb comment,... :-D

Zerlargal

I'm a harsh bastard with nothing to do, it's all J's fault..... -> points at Xsyon dev's

That and the fact I am just kidding around, its a reasonable request, shoulda put that j/k in there.

Zerlargal
    Oh well, I have nothing else to do right now either. Sigh. My internet connection sucks, too. This is going to take awhile!

They really should turn on some features... if they want to find out whats broken today and not tomorrow, being release day.

Zerlargal

They really should turn on some features... if they want to find out whats broken today and not tomorrow, being release day.

Zerlargal
    I can wait. Besides, people will now be exploring, and a lot of us will be dropping totems again. If any issues remain, it might be easier to catch them with everything else still off.

Edit: I'm feeling exceptionally reasonable today. Did someone loot my mean streak?

If u do something the community is clambering for, you're caving in. If you don't do what the community is clambering for, then you are ignoring the community. I guess the only option is for developers to save their time and money and not develop any more MMOs, cauz nobody is gonna be happy.