Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlargal View Post
    I'm afraid you will have to hold onto your dreams of virtual world domination just a little bit longer.... now stop sucking your thumb and please, keep your hands on the table where we can see them.

Zerlargal
    lol.. So off base, but still funny.

Just calling it like I see it. My stance on the matter is pretty neutral.

Most of you posting here dont know me. I've crafted more than a little in this game. I understand the importance of junk piles. I played basically solo ...where I actually traveled to meet other tribes, and work for them or trade with them for items I needed. I was jumped more than a couple times, but that was the risk I took, in a world turned upside down.

Now, people just didnt want to go looking for them...had to have them placed in "Their" spot, so they dont have to wander too far. To those who feel I dont know importance of JP...what about trees? You obviously havent lived in a spot where they are scarce.

You're all crying about something...junk, pvp, safe zone....on and on and on...just thought I'd join the choir.
    EDIT: yeah, meant to include the "lost my totems fav spot" in the group...welll, my group lost theirs twice, we just moved on instead of posting about it.

anyway, continue the disscussion and I'll pretend you hurt my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Most of you posting here dont know me. I've crafted more than a little in this game. I understand the importance of junk piles. I played basically solo ...where I actually traveled to meet other tribes, and work for them or trade with them for items I needed. I was jumped more than a couple times, but that was the risk I took, in a world turned upside down.

Now, people just didnt want to go looking for them...had to have them placed in "Their" spot, so they dont have to wander too far. To those who feel I dont know importance of JP...what about trees? You obviously havent lived in a spot where they are scarce.

You're all crying about something...junk, pvp, safe zone....on and on and on...just thought I'd join the choir.
    EDIT: yeah, meant to include the "lost my totems fav spot" in the group...welll, my group lost theirs twice, we just moved on instead of posting about it.

anyway, continue the disscussion and I'll pretend you hurt my feelings
    Could you pretend a little better, you're not very convincing. If you could just stick your lower lip out a tad, it would help.

My issue with your issue with adding more junk piles is this: I don't see how more junk is going to hurt you or anyone else, and I do see how it can help ease a lot of tension, get a lot of people off each others toes, and maybe even cut down on some of the lag, since we'll be more spread out. And the darn things aren't supposed to be permanent, either, so I don't see how they'll have any lasting impact on trade. Plus anyone can look off into the mist and see that there are more piles waiting for players whenever the mists clear, but no one is complaining about the potential of those to hurt trade.

I mean, I'm just confused, really, as to what the big deal is. If they were permanent, yeah, someone already pointed out Eve vs Darkfall economy and resources and how Darkfall's isn't very good, and it's a good point. If the piles were permanent. But I thought they were eventually going to all be depleted and then the whole mechanic would eventually go away.

They arent any more important to a tribe than trees.....wont see much built without them....so now those without trees need satisfaction as well. With the way things are constantly changing in this game...who is to say that junk piles wont become permanent? If enough "outcry" comes for it.....the pattern here is, they will become permanent. Not enough animals....spawn more.....I guess in the end, it doesnt matter...things will be as they will be....

<-----thats my lip...not my tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    They arent any more important to a tribe than trees.....wont see much built without them....so now those without trees need satisfaction as well. With the way things are constantly changing in this game...who is to say that junk piles wont become permanent? If enough "outcry" comes for it.....the pattern here is, they will become permanent. Not enough animals....spawn more.....I guess in the end, it doesnt matter...things will be as they will be....

<-----thats my lip...not my tongue
    Oh well, clearly you are just not very good at pretending your feelings are hurt!

I promise, I will join the great anti-junk pile outcry if there is a movement among players to make the things permanent. I'm not going to be at all sad to see them replaced with other things!

Meeez just wantz to playz the game. No more magical patch to save the day plz. People will have to stop whining about other players having more stuff then they do or then they should go back to play solo games. Life is unfair and so are MMORPGs. Thats what I tell my poker buddies`Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. If you are not willing to loose dont play the game.

Just saying I wished they would have done all the required fixes to turn stuff on rather that copy and paste more junkyards. Any unnecessary delays to this game being fully turned on is a PAIN to ALL players. Not enough Junkyard for all, was a pain to a FEW players.

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    Meeez just wantz to playz the game. No more magical patch to save the day plz. People will have to stop whining about other players having more stuff then they do or then they should go back to play solo games. Life is unfair and so are MMORPGs. Thats what I tell my poker buddies`Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. If you are not willing to loose dont play the game.

Just saying I wished they would have done all the required fixes to turn stuff on rather that copy and paste more junkyards. Any unnecessary delays to this game being fully turned on is a PAIN to ALL players. Not enough Junkyard for all, was a pain to a FEW players.
    Flawed analogy. Good luck getting your poker buddies to buy in for the same amount as the guy at the table next to them, then to each only get 1/4 the number of chips to play with.

As I tell my poker buddies, you gotta know the difference between a bad run and a bad leak in your game.

Keep in mind that there are probably far more players on this server than he originally intended. Therefore more resources were needed to accommodate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    More resources means less conflict over resources and that means less incentive for PvP. I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't pay for the game with the intention of playing a shittier version of Minecraft.
    Myself and the AFG agree with this person.

It would be most unfabulous to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Keep in mind that there are probably far more players on this server than he originally intended. Therefore more resources were needed to accommodate them.
    This actually does make sense to me. Also I really doubt the basic resources from junk piles where suppose to be scares. I only wished they where spread out more. You find HUGE areas around the lake covered with junk, yet away from the lake you hardly find any.