Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Download game

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Hmm, yeah, someone might have gotten overzealous and Force Lightning'd the US patch server.....
    I blame them entirely. Stupid Jedi and Sith. This is why Bounty Hunters are smarter.

Downloading at 1MB every 15 seconds. So...

1 MB = 15 Seconds
    4 MB = 1 Minute
    240 MB = 60 Minutes
    1,200 MB = 5 Hours

My vision of being able to play any other online game for the next 5-6 hours is bleak. Very, very bleak.

Edit : Also, I can DL games on Steam at about 2 - 3 MB's a second. So seeing 4 MB a minute is just.......it's breaking my heart.

I've never seen a speed indicator, only a X of Y downloaded. Getting the speed requires watching the progress and doing math.

The servers 56k dial up and green screen IBM is smokin!

do we have to download a new launcher? I havent been able to connect to the launcher since last night. First time I connected after an hour it timed out with some error. Since then, havent been able to connect. Also where are you guys seeing your DL speed??

If you need it, FreeMeter is a decent little Open Source bandwidth meter:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemeter/

The launcher is the same one we downloaded a week or so ago. You don't need the new one unless you didn't already get it this past week.

well I had to connect to EU server to patch the game. Its the same data I assume? I could never make a connection to US server for patch.

As for seeing the speed...

I also couldn't see any progress initially.

After my fourth (?) attempt I started getting an X out of Y measure just underneath the current file.

I'm guessing you don't get the progress until you reach a certain point, or until the gods favor you, or maybe just sometime random.

as for me, I'm at about 100/936.

1hr 15m to get 100mb.

So onllyyyyyyyy... about 12 hours to go.

is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    Edit : Also, I can DL games on Steam at about 2 - 3 MB's a second. So seeing 4 MB a minute is just.......it's breaking my heart.
    Im going at 1 mb/30second, which will take me about 10 hours. My heart didnt break though, i ripped it out of my chest and threw it to the dogs.

im getting a constant up and down of 425bytes up to 60kb of DL speed! Dial up here we come...

Torrent avail through the community. Thanks Jasdemi and Chavoda.

http://jasdemi.com/stuff/Zone-14-3-11.rar.torrent

Downloading a shit ton faster.