Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New download server really payed off!

That new downloadserver you swiched to couple weeks ago are REALLY paying off! Im sitting here downloading at what I estimate to be 10-30 kb/sec on my 30 mb fibre connection, BRING IT ON!

Xsyon want you to download patches like it's 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Gromitovsky View Post
    Xsyon want you to download patches like it's 1999.
    more like 1997.

In there defense, they probably didn't foresee having us repatch the whole zone file anytime soon.. 1.5 gigs patch just to add junk.. yea! Couple megs, couple hundred megs even, we'd have patched and been over with, freeing up the bandwidth for other patchees..

I get it now why Jordi said a few weeks ago that he couldnt just add junk arbitrarily

1986?

Srsly tho folks... This might be alot worse if there was only download server and it was still attached to the game...

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    In there defense, they probably didn't foresee having us repatch the whole zone file anytime soon.. 1.5 gigs patch just to add junk.. yea! Couple megs, couple hundred megs even, we'd have patched and been over with, freeing up the bandwidth for other patchees..

I get it now why Jordi said a few weeks ago that he couldnt just add junk arbitrarily
    why did he then?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    1986?

Srsly tho folks... This might be alot worse if there was only download server and it was still attached to the game...
    Not by too wide a margin. It would just mean the people who did successfully patch wouldn't be able to play due to lag. The rest of us patching would still be patching at a crawl.

And yes. This download speed is about early 90's. -.-

there really is no excuse for not using some kind of torrent system by 2011.

The separate patch server was to take pressure off of the game server(s). I don't believe they said the new patch server would have no bandwidth problems. .but that the game server would have no issues in that regard.

The torrent thing I agree with 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    more like 1997.
    1997 doesn't have the same ring to it. Just ask Prince.