Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    Well if you understood is so completely why use the word permanently?
    Because those were the exact words you used just 4 posts above on this very same page. I'll QFT it:

use a mechanism to permanently jail another player

If you can imprison trespassers then Evil tribes should be able to take you as slaves out in the wilds. I've played a game with kidnapping, and most people have a shit fit when it happens. I however enjoyed anytime I was captured because I would usually escape or see it as a roleplay opportunity. I quit playing because I found out the admins were releasing my prisoners minutes after being captured if they cried. I always assumed they were cheating, but the designers were marketing a product for "hardcore gamers" and catering to the carebears. Now that playerbase has all but vanished because of this. We need to find a good solid medium ground so that things like that don't happen over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Because those were the exact words you used just 4 posts above on this very same page. I'll QFT it:
    Are you serious?

I used that as an EXAMPLE to show how people saying in a sandbox game they should not have restictions and so could grief someone till they quit. The example was to show how STUPID it is and to show that, if I asked for the same ability how you would RAGE about it. And you have.

Tell me, which of you VD guys is next on the list to come in and try to win the discussion by numbers rather then convincing argument? How many of you guys left or will it rotate back to the first guy again?

Xsyon Citizen
    1. There are currently no restrictions on camping people, and if you think "permanent character imprisonment" is even remotely a balanced solution to that, I have a bridge to sell you.
    2. I'm not raging – nor are the other VD, who have been systematically demolishing your warped gameplay vision by means of rational and persuasive argument. We view it as an opportunity to educate certain members of the player-base.

Originally Posted by maelwydd
    Well if you understood is so completely why use the word permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd
    use a mechanism to permanently jail another player
    It helps if you post using the correct context and the ENTIRE statement.

I agree and that was entirely my point about the fact that introducing hard coded release mechanisms remove the SANDBOX element involved in the idea. But it stands that if you allow a mechanism such as being able to permanently camp another player though legitimate means to quit (i.e. open unrestricted PvP) then you have to also accept that being a player could also, through those same freedoms, use a mechanism to permanently jail another player. Both have ways that out of the predicament - in open PvP it is "get some friends and fight" or "run away" and in a jail system it is "get some friends and break them out or "negotiate a deal".
    You are talking crap, trying to make your point by lying, perverting what is said and basically doing everything you can to make a point by evading my points.

1. There are currently no restrictions on camping people, and if you think "permanent character imprisonment" is even remotely a balanced solution to that, I have a bridge to sell you..
    lol this is actually unny while being annoying as you all just seem to be TOO STUPID to understand. It was to show how TOTALLY UNBALANCED your opinion is that I used this example and you STILL DO NOT FUKCKING GET IT

2. I'm not raging – nor are the other VD, who have been systematically demolishing your warped gameplay vision by means of rational and persuasive argument. We view it as an opportunity to educate certain members of the player-base.
    You haven't done anything but prove your stupidity, lack of reading skills and biased opinion to try and keep an unbalanced system in place because you are all sad muppets.

Xsyon Citizen
    Ok. You're cursing in all-caps, but we're the one's raging. Got it.

And you claim to be presenting this "prison" idea to highlight how unbalanced it would be if the devs adopted "our" idea of having no restrictions on killing and camping people. But this wasn't our idea. This is how they made the game.

Finally, the example itself is silly. If you're getting killed, you have the freedom to kill back. The freedom is already there. There is absolutely no comparison to this hypothetical ability to permanently jail another players, which is neither balanced nor proportional to the supposed "problem" it is supposed to fix. This gameplay concept of yours is nothing more than a get-out-of-pvp-free button.

And you claim to be presenting this "prison" idea to highlight how unbalanced it would be if the devs adopted "our" idea of having no restrictions on killing and camping people. But this wasn't our idea. This is how they made the game.

Finally, the example itself is silly. If you're getting killed, you have the freedom to kill back. The freedom is already there. There is absolutely no comparison to this hypothetical ability to permanently jail another players, which is neither balanced nor proportional to the supposed "problem" it is supposed to fix. This gameplay concept of yours is nothing more than a get-out-of-pvp-free button.
    OK, thanks for the chat, can't be arsed trying to talk to retards when there is a game to play.

You venereal disease folks are quite entertaining in your attacks. Any intelligent person can see through them. It's the same old BS over and over. "We want to keep the ability to grief, and not be punished for it". "Any punishment you suggest will be shot down by us with alot of conjecture and hypotheticals." I have a hard time taking any of you serious "All up in yo grillz". I have seen more badasses at an over 50s bar.

OK, thanks for the chat, can't be arsed trying to talk to retards when there is a game to play.
    Still pimping that "If you think my idea is stupid it must be you and not me." angle? I was kinda hoping you were just plastered last night and you'd have slept it off by now.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    You venereal disease folks are quite entertaining in your attacks. Any intelligent person can see through them. It's the same old BS over and over. "We want to keep the ability to grief, and not be punished for it". "Any punishment you suggest will be shot down by us with alot of conjecture and hypotheticals." I have a hard time taking any of you serious "All up in yo grillz". I have seen more badasses at an over 50s bar.
    What are you blabbering about? There hasn't been an in depth discussion of griefing for quite a while in this thread, whether it be defining it or talking about potential repercussions. The past one to two dozen posts have been about one horrible mechanic suggestion.

Xsyon Citizen
    I can assure you that I'm quite intelligent, bro. And all this "conjecture and hypotheticals" actually = experience seeing how things play out in a PVP game and the ability to predict the practical consequences of suggested gameplay mechanics. I think you're going to be surprised at the dev's unwillingness to drive away thousands of paying customers by creating ubiquitous happy safe-zone mechanics that only a few players want, and which would ultimately even make the most hardcore crafters numb with boredom.

This game has the potential to be very interesting, and we're trying to keep it that way. Thanks for playing.