Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    There are a couple more...but not quite ready to go there yet.

i've said for a long time, that there are worse things than pvp...

every restriction that is made to limit/reduce pvp usually has a more serious side effect that requires further dev intervention, which results in greater potential for abuse, etc. etc. THis occurs until you remove any ability to affect anybody else's game- hence why 'instanced content' is all the rage...players don't actually ahve to interact with each other on a persistent basis.

Just take off the blinders and let her rip. After things sort themselves out, the environment will be much more manageable, and in many cases, predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorgan View Post
    lol Against the ToS....

APPARENTLY PEOPLE ARE PRETTY POLITE AFTER THE APOCALYPSE.
    Didn't you know Ol'Chum? Only us Upper Class Englishmen Survived! Society has never know such extreme amounts of politeness and smugness.

All of those actions are called griefing (although quest one is just plain silly as no one should be able to block quests).

Xsyon Citizen
    OP forgot #4, which is violently murdering a chosen target.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorgan View Post
    lol Against the ToS....

APPARENTLY PEOPLE ARE PRETTY POLITE AFTER THE APOCALYPSE.
    I am pretty sure that after and apocalypse they not going to troll there enemies by building a wall around there town while there offline or even take all there quests.

Xsyon Citizen
    Oh yeah? I'm pretty sure you're wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    All of those actions are called griefing (although quest one is just plain silly as no one should be able to block quests).
    So harvesting trees not in my immediate vicinity is 'griefing'?

Gathering trash outside of my immediate vicinity is 'griefing'?

get a grip.

Now, if i made a concerted effort to terraform the area around your camp to look like the moon...well, you might be able to claim it...but prove it? I just needed the dirt for some home improvement projects and didn't want to mess up my back yard. Is me just being selfish griefing? I'm doing things within MY homestead, for purposes that suite ME. Do we have to agree to deed restrictions on our plots now?

you folks kill me. really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    So harvesting trees not in my immediate vicinity is 'griefing'?

Gathering trash outside of my immediate vicinity is 'griefing'?

get a grip.

Now, if i made a concerted effort to terraform the area around your camp to look like the moon...well, you might be able to claim it...but prove it? I just needed the dirt for some home improvement projects and didn't want to mess up my back yard. Is me just being selfish griefing? I'm doing things within MY homestead, for purposes that suite ME. Do we have to agree to deed restrictions on our plots now?

you folks kill me. really.
    You're forgetting that combat is turned off. Sure, under normal circumstances, gathering just outside of someone's area wouldn't be considered griefing. However, since combat is off and the owners of that land couldn't go out and stop you or fight for the territory, I'm inclined to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    There are a couple more...but not quite ready to go there yet.

i've said for a long time, that there are worse things than pvp...

every restriction that is made to limit/reduce pvp usually has a more serious side effect that requires further dev intervention, which results in greater potential for abuse, etc. etc. THis occurs until you remove any ability to affect anybody else's game- hence why 'instanced content' is all the rage...players don't actually ahve to interact with each other on a persistent basis.

Just take off the blinders and let her rip. After things sort themselves out, the environment will be much more manageable, and in many cases, predictable.
    I changed a small part of what you wrote...

"players don't actually ahve to interact with 'pricks' on a persistent basis."

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    I changed a small part of what you wrote...

"players don't actually ahve to interact with 'pricks' on a persistent basis."
    Could you please explain exactly what you mean by this? Speak into the microphone, please.