Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    LOL why don't all you angry PvP'ers go find a game with pvp. Too much pent up agression here...as usual. Go get laid guys.

Xsyon Citizen
    Who's angry? And if you don't want to PVP, why did you purchase an MMO whose description includes the words "full loot" ?

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    LOL why don't all you angry PvP'ers go find a game with pvp. Too much pent up agression here...as usual. Go get laid guys.
    what's with the personal attacks?

I'm here making a perfectly logical explanation to back up my stated position, and i get called a 'prick', and now evidently, i need to 'get laid'.

I mean seriously...and you call us antisocial. You don't want to play in the same sand box with us, AND you call us names.

Really, just not very nice at all.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    We ... expect to ... make allies ... We ... will also meet some good folk... jsut because we are punching each other in the face today, doesnt mean we wont shake hands and grab a cerveza after the whistle blows....since in the end, we do recognize it's a game.
    Man, I'm going to have fun backstabbing this carebear whenever he steps outside his tribe radius!

What's that I hear? Is that....wait a minute, I think it is! It's a great pvper outcry for a chaos server! Yes, I'm sure that's what I'm hearing. It got so quiet in here for awhile, too. But now they're back, so please, give them what they want. Their own special server with their own special ruleset.

Oh, you guys don't want your own server? Whyever not? Is it perhaps because you would like to form up in packs of obnoxious little ethugs to find unwilling victims to play with? Would you also perhaps like to coerce other players into joining your ethug pack and participating in your idea of 'fun'? Would you like that?

Too bad. You can't have it both ways. If you want no restrictions at all, then go play with others who want the same, and leave the rest of us alone. You don't have the right to force your nasty zergs on everyone else. You don't have the power to force it on us, either.

And for whatever reason, you aren't playing any of the games that would allow you to do what you want, so you've come here. Fair enough, perhaps there are features here that you can't get anywhere else that you're interested in aside from the pvp. But some of us are interested in a certain feature Xsyon has that other games with a heavy pvp element don't. Which is a little break from pvp in one small area of the map. Just one. That's all.

And you can't stand it, can you? It drives you insane. It's not that safe zones drive you crazy, either, if it was just that, you'd be hollering for your seperate server to play on. No, it's all the happy players you can't grief in their one small area that makes you nutty with rage and gets the spittle bubbling at the corners of your mouths.

Actually, it's kinda entertaining to watch you foam. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Who's angry? And if you don't want to PVP, why did you purchase an MMO whose description includes the words "full loot" ?
    Please quote where I stated I didn't wat to PvP or enjoy PvP.

I changed a quote where someone glossed over the fact that in every single PvP game I have played where the mechanics have been changed due to the few people who act like pricks, abuse they annoimity to do so and in turn force the developers to deal with their antisocial abuse of their system.

You can try (and keep trying) to throw out the assumption that I don't like PvP or am a 'carebear' or any other name, it wont change the fact that it isn't me forcing developers to change a system, it is those few who act like pricks. If that offends you because you associate your self with that small minority then that is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    what's with the personal attacks?

I'm here making a perfectly logical explanation to back up my stated position, and i get called a 'prick', and now evidently, i need to 'get laid'.

I mean seriously...and you call us antisocial. You don't want to play in the same sand box with us, AND you call us names.

Really, just not very nice at all.
    It is only a personal attack if you think my referencing a minority of people who have an antisocial playstyle applies to you. I wasn't pointing a finger at you but if you think I was then perhaps you should ask yourself why you made that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorgan View Post
    This game does have pvp, as did the game that inspired it-- UO. I don't know why you have such a problem with other players' playstyles. I don't care what anybody else does to try to make this game fun.
    The ONLY playstyle I personally have a problem with is one where the individual, through selfish desires, acts in such a way that the majority of people who do enjoy the game as intended are reused that ability because the game developers are forces to change the game because of their actions. I enjoy PvP, over half of my 200+ games are PvP in nature. And unlike you I DO care what others do to make this game fun, or rather I care about what people do to make the game LESS fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    What's that I hear? Is that....wait a minute, I think it is! It's a great pvper outcry for a chaos server! Yes, I'm sure that's what I'm hearing. It got so quiet in here for awhile, too. But now they're back, so please, give them what they want. Their own special server with their own special ruleset.

Oh, you guys don't want your own server? Whyever not? Is it perhaps because you would like to form up in packs of obnoxious little ethugs to find unwilling victims to play with? Would you also perhaps like to coerce other players into joining your ethug pack and participating in your idea of 'fun'? Would you like that?

Too bad. You can't have it both ways. If you want no restrictions at all, then go play with others who want the same, and leave the rest of us alone. You don't have the right to force your nasty zergs on everyone else. You don't have the power to force it on us, either.

And for whatever reason, you aren't playing any of the games that would allow you to do what you want, so you've come here. Fair enough, perhaps there are features here that you can't get anywhere else that you're interested in aside from the pvp. But some of us are interested in a certain feature Xsyon has that other games with a heavy pvp element don't. Which is a little break from pvp in one small area of the map. Just one. That's all.

And you can't stand it, can you? It drives you insane. It's not that safe zones drive you crazy, either, if it was just that, you'd be hollering for your seperate server to play on. No, it's all the happy players you can't grief in their one small area that makes you nutty with rage and gets the spittle bubbling at the corners of your mouths.

Actually, it's kinda entertaining to watch you foam. Carry on.
    my nasty zerg is 18 players. F34r them.

and really, you protest a lot.

I don't think any of us are desiring anything more than to play the game as the feature set on the front page declares it to be. That's the game we want to play. That is the vision we've signed up for.

What we don't want, is to see that vision dumbed down, and restricted to become some mamby pamby bubble wrapped kiddie land where nannies make sure the little kiddies can't hurt themselves. Safe this, safe that, protect me from those mean people mr. dev, i don't wanna play with them they talk scary, i know there's only two of them, but they're MEEEEEANies.

Yeah but Dub, in all fairness the devlopers have stated PvP is not a priority for the game. It has PvP but it is not the focus. Perhaps down the line it might be but for the near future the game isn't going to be a mindless gankfest like some other 'open sandbox FFA PvP' games have become. That is waht attracted me. I love PvP but I want a game that places more priority on WHY we PvP then WHERE.

Dubanka and RedMorgan, no matter how hard you try, you cannot insult me enough to make me defend, much less embrace, your play style. And Dubanka, round out your talk radio a bit, would you? I swear, you're channeling Rush Limbaugh. Kinda funny, but I doubt you wanted me to laugh. Try being a bit more subtle. Oh dear, never mind, it's probably considered trolling to ask someone to insult me better!

Don't ban me, I'll be good!

Seriously, you two, I have a deep loathing for packs of bullies, in games or anywhere else. Now, if this game really is going to be funded by bullies, with every other player a minority, I guess monetary considerations might get you the game you want. In 6-9 months, according to the timeline that has existed since well before my filthy february join date. But I really don't think you're the majority. I just think you're very, very loud and determined.

Actually, I rather approve of loud and determined, it shows something matters to you. I just don't like people who are loudly determined to bully and harass other people. That's just my stance on the issue. I assure you, being insulting will no more alter my stance than me insulting you is going to change yours.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorgan View Post
    Anyone who wants a mindless gankfest would just play Darkfall. Which btw, I did play and quit when I realized how meaningless everything was.

Meaning and conflict aren't neceassarily at odds with eachother. Which is evidenced by, again, by UO.
    That is cool then and perhaps you know what I mean by refering to a small minority or PvP'ers who just want to do their upmost to remove the "WHY" from PvP which in turn not only reduces the games PvP to a mindless gankfest but also forces game mechanics to be introduced to be fair for all participants. I mean, for example, if people didn't do things like attack enemy outposts and destroy them when their enemy were in bed due to timezone differences, then game developers wouldn't be forced into introducing mechanics to prevent it from taking place.

If people could act reasonably then it wouldn't be required, but some people do act like "pricks" and so these measures eventually Do get introduced. And anyone REALLY interested in keeping free and open PvP in the game would understand and accept the need for self moderation to ensure external moderation is not neccessary. The problem is, some people are just unable to self moderate, and imho these people are the ones I refer to as "pricks" and spoil the game for everyone else.