Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriath View Post
    The report game is taking it to a whole new lvl, once it startet its just another form of pvp. But since it effectively ends the game for the loser, I dont like playing it. Of couse it is the ultimate form of griefing, so its not 100% out of the question if ppl just ask enough for it (ie start it themselfs).

If you were any good at chess you would know that if it pissed your opponent off if you took one of hes pieces, it would be a very smart thing to do. This is pretty obvious in a game of poker too btw.

I guess it all comes down to why you play.

Ps. im up for a game of chess if you like, I got an account on chess.com
    Why would you waste time honing your game against less than the best person you can find to play against, who is also playing their best against you?

Edit: I'll have to see about signing up for an account there, after I've had some sleep. I'm a bit behind!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Why would you waste time honing your game against less than the best person you can find to play against, who is also playing their best against you?
    Cause I like winning?

edit; although I dont like playing against ppl who dont play their best, thats a waste of time.

Okay, if you get around to it send me a messege there, username is same as here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    Don't forget the useless walls. =P

I agree that the main focus of the game shouldn't be PvP as the devs have stated. That doesn't mean it should be Crafting/PvE either. They seem to be trying to make this game as realistic as possible, and imo that's a much better goal. That's going to mean a world where Crafting, City Building, PvP, and Sieges all go hand in hand.

Sounds like we're being told how to play again... I prefer guerrilla warfare so your argument is invalid.
    You want to PvP? Well you need to craft some weapons and armor first if you don't want to get slaughtered.

You want to Siege? Well first you need to build some Siege equipment and make sure you have enough in case your enemy destroys it.

You want to Craft? You're gonna need to be able to protect yourself and your resources to do that.

You want to build and keep your city? You're going to have to fortify it and invest in defenses in case some one decides to siege it.

That's a game that doesn't have a focus on anything but creating a real world style sandbox. They started off in the right direction. Let's just hope they can get where they need to fast enough to keep and gain some players.
    Sounds like you are trying to tell us how to play... I prefer Guerrilla Tactics. Squatting under a Totem. My bare fists covered in Carebear blood.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    although im aware its a bit anal of me i just want to make a point that your example does not describe someone who is being passive aggressive. If the person was being passive aggressive they would simply be refusing to engage with you. Staying quiet, ignoring you that kind of thing.
    My understanding is that it's more like being quiet while stuff you don't like is happening around you, then blowing up in a rage at something unrelated, or after it's too late to change anything.

In other words, passive at the wrong time, then aggressive at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemp View Post
    Anyone who reports someone for stealing their resources obviously doesn't need to be playing this game. On the other hand, as I gleam from the first post in this thread, any person or group of people who dilberately go to anothers land with the intentions of clear cutting, terraforming, or otherwise destroying their property .... just to piss them off, should be reported.
    As always, and this is the difficult bit to identify, INTENT is usually what causes the problems. Some people want open PvP to have fun and a challenge. Others seem to desire getting a negative reaction from others to somehow make them...happy (I don't understand the mentality myself so I could be wrong but happy is the best I can come up with). I hope anyone who engages in PvP does so for fun and a challenge but as you say, if people have another intent then it should and will be dealt with accordingly. I do worry about these types of people though.

Playing this game is a non violent form of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemp View Post
    Anyone who reports someone for stealing their resources obviously doesn't need to be playing this game. On the other hand, as I gleam from the first post in this thread, any person or group of people who dilberately go to anothers land with the intentions of clear cutting, terraforming, or otherwise destroying their property .... just to piss them off, should be reported.
    All of those things are legitimate strategies in War.Taking all of a tribes totem quest is a "Trade Embargo" Harvesting all their trees is simply the act of claiming enemy resources for your own, and building walls around your enemy is simply nullifying a potential threat. I'm sorry but pvp isn't restricted to player killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    My understanding is that it's more like being quiet while stuff you don't like is happening around you, then blowing up in a rage at something unrelated, or after it's too late to change anything.

In other words, passive at the wrong time, then aggressive at the wrong time.
    Well you have me wrong then if that is what you think I am. Not that I expect you to realise as you don't know me. While I have tried to remain general about things I have been accused of aiming things directly at people when I haven't and in your post above had a finger pointed directly at me. If by association you think anything is directed at you then I can't really take the blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    All of those things are legitimate strategies in War.Taking all of a tribes totem quest is a "Trade Embargo" Harvesting all their trees is simply the act of claiming enemy resources for your own, and building walls around your enemy is simply nullifying a potential threat. I'm sorry but pvp isn't restricted to player killing.
    Well strictly speaking PvP is whatever the game designers allow. If they don't allow it then no, those things are not PvP but seen as griefing.

If there is a way to grief someone, there should be an in-game measure to undo it. Someone digs holes around your tribe? You should be able to dig down and up through them, build a bridge over it, or fill it in.

Oh, and surly? Nice one. I relied on my faulty memory for the definition of mercantilism as a synonym for free market capitalism, and it's not.

You're real clever. Really.

Damn it.