Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I see 2 and 3 could be considered violation of TOS unless you declare war then 3 would be ok. 2 Is just plain Dickish.

4. Psychological - Make fun of there Tiny E-Peens and make them Roid Rage, While Displaying Your Own Immense, Oversized, Godzilla Like E-Peen.

There are a couple more...but not quite ready to go there yet.

i've said for a long time, that there are worse things than pvp...

every restriction that is made to limit/reduce pvp usually has a more serious side effect that requires further dev intervention, which results in greater potential for abuse, etc. etc. THis occurs until you remove any ability to affect anybody else's game- hence why 'instanced content' is all the rage...players don't actually ahve to interact with each other on a persistent basis.

Just take off the blinders and let her rip. After things sort themselves out, the environment will be much more manageable, and in many cases, predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    There are a couple more...but not quite ready to go there yet.

i've said for a long time, that there are worse things than pvp...

every restriction that is made to limit/reduce pvp usually has a more serious side effect that requires further dev intervention, which results in greater potential for abuse, etc. etc. THis occurs until you remove any ability to affect anybody else's game- hence why 'instanced content' is all the rage...players don't actually ahve to interact with each other on a persistent basis.

Just take off the blinders and let her rip. After things sort themselves out, the environment will be much more manageable, and in many cases, predictable.
    I changed a small part of what you wrote...

"players don't actually ahve to interact with 'pricks' on a persistent basis."

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post

Could you please explain exactly what you mean by this? Speak into the microphone, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Could you please explain exactly what you mean by this? Speak into the microphone, please.
    In this context a prick is someone who basically has no social skills and relies on their online anonymity to act in a way that, in the real world simply gets them a fist in the face. For that reason people wish to have a mechanic in place to seperate themselves from this minoity as they spoil what is for most (except the few people lacking social skills, the capacity to understand the larger ramifications on their actions or simply the people that crave attention even if it is negative attention which I would call a 'prick') a universally accepted balance between enjoing a fun mechanic such as PvP and striving to 'win' said mechanic.

Clearer?

Xsyon Citizen
    In this context a prick is someone who basically has no social skills and relies on their online anonymity to act in a way that, in the real world simply gets them a fist in the face. For that reason people wish to have a mechanic in place to seperate themselves from this minoity as they spoil what is for most (except the few people lacking social skills, the capacity to understand the larger ramifications on their actions or simply the people that crave attention even if it is negative attention which I would call a 'prick') a universally accepted balance between enjoing a fun mechanic such as PvP and striving to 'win' said mechanic.

Clearer?
    Well, you certainly seem to have a firm opinion on the subject. Do you have any reason to believe anybody matching that description actually plays Xsyon? Because it really kind of sounds like some concocted, hyperbolic boogeyman to me.

Clearer?
    I argue that those unable to deal with forced social interactions are the ones who lack social skills as well as the ability to cope with life's little situations.

So anyone that does not play the game exactly as you'd have them play it is now a 'prick'.

You're forgetting that combat is turned off. Sure, under normal circumstances, gathering just outside of someone's area wouldn't be considered griefing. However, since combat is off and the owners of that land couldn't go out and stop you or fight for the territory, I'm inclined to think it is.
    THis actually made me chuckle. I guarantee that, even with pvp active, if i show up and blockade an area outside your town, while i bring in my l337 harvesting team to chop down all the trees outside your area, you're going to scream griefer. Depriving you of the ability to enjjoy the game, etc.

Actually i'm not sure what kind of non-consensual hostile action would be tolerated, under any circumstances, by a fair portion of the playerbase. Their definition of griefing is:
    Griefing: any action or activity outside of my control, whether or not due to my action or inaction, where the result is anything other than that which is as was planned, anticipated, expected or otherwise desired. Any activity that does not provide direct benefit to me.

We, the 'anti social' pvp players, expect to win some, lose some, make allies, make enemies, sometimes the two may interchange. We fully expect to deal with jerks, but will also meet some good folk...whether they be enemy or ally. We view the game as a contact sport...where jsut because we are punching each other in the face today, doesnt mean we wont shake hands and grab a cerveza after the whistle blows....since in the end, we do recognize it's a game.