Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jordi, switch to the Mindcraft model?

Your product runs fantastic with 100 clients.

How about switching to the Mindcraft business model?

Let us download and host our own servers, with 100 player caps. You need the client to play, keep it at 40 dollars to purchase.

We set time or goals, leader boards, history, and restart/wipe when an "end" has been reached. Would make for interesting ongoing content. With the Terraforming that already exists, now or altered maps could be constructed. Individual server rule sets for conquest and territory control. Removal of save zones, or not, etc.

?

/discuss

Xsyon Citizen
    I think they are looking forward to the subscriber fees - that's where the money will be if the playerbase reaches good levels. Good idea, not sure if the community would all like the idea or the devs :P

Then you get the problem with server crashes, and brutally dirty admins. The large scale of this game is what makes it so appealing. I bet if we wanted to do it your way someone could make a pretty good "Xsyon" Mount and Blade Mod.

Mindcraft model would make way more money. Besides, I do not think Jordi is in this for the money.

Far as the devs, would be much easier - straight forward. Their current client/server build is solid with 100 connections, so really no changes/overhead there. All they would need to do is add a config tool to the server piece and provide it as a download/install with a mySQL database as a requirement on the hosted server, etc.

Just my opinion, but if Xsyon is not an open world to thousands eventually with expanding land etc. It just becomes the sims to me and I would not play. However, I am not to worried about it because I think Jordi has a vision he is trying to achieve and that is not part of it.

This would kill the sense of scale. It also would fragment the community horribly. If having a war and peace server was a bad idea, this is that x1000. I wouldn't play Xsyon if it wasn't an MMORPG.

I payed for an MMO. Sorry, I personally wouldn't be interested in this at all....

I play Minecraft for what it is.

I wouldn't want to play a second Minecraft. The open world persistence of Xsyon is why I am here -- and because there aren't dirty admins, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Mindcraft model would make way more money. Besides, I do not think Jordi is in this for the money.

Far as the devs, would be much easier - straight forward. Their current client/server build is solid with 100 connections, so really no changes/overhead there. All they would need to do is add a config tool to the server piece and provide it as a download/install with a mySQL database as a requirement on the hosted server, etc.
    First off... Didnt you quit? Secondly, Stop trying to change this game, This is Xsyon, Its Not Darkfall, Its not Minecraft, its not Wurm and its not SPARRTTTTAAA. So shut up and play Xsyon Patcher 2011 with us or GTFO.

If you aren't in the target audience of the game, go away.. dunno why that's so hard for people to understand