Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Yep, I played all day lag free with everything enabled (of what's been enabled). Then, the download server crashed and he brought down the game server. After that point, it was unplayable.

This is obviously a hardware issue with their RAMSAN. Just need to get a new one same-day-drop shipped....
    *smirk*

Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    Well we cant really say its population just yet aswell.

The last patch had more then likely the same amount of people online with the new patch what when the lag started up - the time between the two patches was around 5 minutes.
    I never got a patch I just went from 50 ms to 200k (real MS) before I even logged out

Maybe it's a combination of factors. For one it is now becoming prime time gaming hours. Also it is the first day all the features were released so everyone is getting on and probably doing a lot of terraforming which i have been told is a cause of lag. More importantly I believe the increase of bandwith towards the patching side of the server would be more likely to be the cause. Considering I logged on earlier today before they increased bandwith to the patch and there was absolutely no lag. Come home and they had increased bandwith and now we have tons of lag.

I am no expert. This is only speculation.

I also don't know if all the servers are connected. Meaning there may very well be a separate server for patching, but in that case I don't understand why they would limit bandwith at other times.

Xsyon Citizen
    looks like the devs are aware and are taking care of it.

It's not bandwidth, it's not hardware. Those 2 issues are easily fixed with money. And money is not a problem here.

This is a software issue. The current server architecture simple does not support this many clients. It could be leaks, it could be bugs, who knows. But it's definitely an issue that cannot be fixed easily. Or it would have been a month ago when we first went through this. They have had 1 month to fix it, and it's still not fixed, so I am going to assume it's a major problem within the core/engine of the architecture.

I dont see that its a population problem, a lot of people are still patching there is no way the game is at capacity, there has to be code problems or hardware problems not server or bandwith, they are just running the game on an old commodore 64.....still loading up the tape drive