Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    As I have mentioned in several posts, some of you are jumping to conclusions about what the issue is when you have zero context to make such claims. It could be as simple as one little routine in the game being bugged or needing optimized. It could be much worse that that. It can take a lot of time to find these types of problems, so hold you wads.
    This.

It's funny how many statements are coming from the attitude of knowing for a fact its the population.

Only problem is none of us know that for a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    This.

It's funny how many statements are coming from the attitude of knowing for a fact its the population.

Only problem is none of us know that for a fact...
    I did experience the game with no lag, and all features on. It was a blast.

So I do know that the game works. The biggest difference between then and now is the population. I don't know what the exact problem is, and as a programmer, I understand that it could be anything. Believe me, I spent a month debugging a light bulb! Assuming the issue is population, which is natural for all games: too many people by definition means too many, should they limit the server populations?

Assumptions with no basis other than "I played it with fewer people" and it was ok doesn't work. Before the terrain patch, a lot of people were on, and it was not lagging like this.

He has stated that system resources or bandwidth is not the issue. I would like to assume that he has a better idea of what the problem is, in general, than you do based on guesses.

EDIT: I will add, I agree with the fact that the two "obvious" reasons that make sense, from our point of view would be bandwidth or system resources. So I'll give you that much. But, problems are not always caused by the obvious.