Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Queue?

Server Queue?

Since it seems apparent that too many people can swamp the server, should they implement server queues? That will make sure that whoever does get in has a good game experience.

Server queue with only one server to choose from equals me canceling. Just sayin'

It would be much better to start 1 more game server if a single one can't handle the population.

It's not rocket science....he needs to look at active logins, and open/scale up as many servers as his client/server build can CURRENTLY support.

If his code supports 500 users, then open up 2-3 servers. If it only supports 300, open up 4-5.

He needs to take what he has working, and make some business decisions asap.

1 server is a pipe dream. The shit does NOT work. We all need to accept that, including himself, and move onto to more scalable solution with what he has working and the # of clients we have. It's go time. Not fuck around time.

Just my .02

But jordy and the team have always insisted that population numbers have NOTHING to do with the lag! We must continue to have faith in them they must surely know what they're doing!

Edit: Just got in game - the lag is worse than ever

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    It's not rocket science....he needs to look at active logins, and open/scale up as many servers as his client/server build can CURRENTLY support.

If his code supports 500 users, then open up 2-3 servers. If it only supports 300, open up 4-5.

He needs to take what he has working, and make some business decisions asap.

1 server is a pipe dream. The shit does NOT work. We all need to accept that, including himself, and move onto to more scalable solution with what he has working and the # of clients we have. It's go time. Not fuck around time.

Just my .02
    If this server can only hold 500 people, they need to fix it, not add more servers. You cannot sustain a working population in this game with only 500 people.

As I have mentioned in several posts, some of you are jumping to conclusions about what the issue is when you have zero context to make such claims. It could be as simple as one little routine in the game being bugged or needing optimized. It could be much worse that that. It can take a lot of time to find these types of problems, so hold you wads.

this is why nearly all mmos these days run on clustered servers..

this is jsut no fun i really hope its not gonna laucnh tomorrow it will probally kill this game off..

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    this is why nearly all mmos these days run on clustered servers..

this is jsut no fun i really hope its not gonna laucnh tomorrow it will probally kill this game off..
    launch or no launch either way could kill the game off. You have to remember for some people this is the 3rd or 4th "launch date"

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    launch or no launch either way could kill the game off. You have to remember for some people this is the 3rd or 4th "launch date"
    guess ya rite man this is only the first one for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Including massively.com

Jordi is running out of time. He needs to take what he has working, and make some business decisions. If it's throwing up 4-5 servers to buy time until his dev team can refactor the core issues then so be it.

Beta time is over.