Lets contribute !

Allright I am ready to send them a check for $10 for them to buy better servers. Who is with me ???

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    Allright I am ready to send them a check for $10 for them to buy better servers. Who is with me ???
    That would be sweet if we knew the hardware was the problem. So far, we know nothing.

I already sent them $40. Major studios with a full staff, advertising budget and third party production companies can put out AAA titles with that. I don't think money is the problem.

I'll send them 1 basket of lovely cheeses that should help them fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    I already sent them $40. Major studios with a full staff, advertising budget and third party production companies can put out AAA titles with that. I don't think money is the problem.
    Surly, you realize that AAA games deal in hundreds of thousands of players, on the low end, right? This game might only have a thousand pre-orders. These guys are not swimming in funds, I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Surly, you realize that AAA games deal in hundreds of thousands of players, on the low end, right? This game might only have a thousand pre-orders. These guys are not swimming in funds, I assure you.
    They also don't advertise, have in-house production and distribution, and aren't developing for consoles, nor do they have any other costs associated with mainstream productions. Of course I realize they aren't swimming in money. What? Is the gaming industry easy all of a sudden? Of course not.

They asked $40 from their customers to be able to deliver the product they promoted. I consented to that price, gave $40 for it, and expect the results that they (not I) guaranteed. Money is not the problem at this point. If there is indeed a problem, it is either a failed business plan or incompetence. Perhaps they should have charged more? Perhaps they should have been more careful in hiring incompetent developers in times past? It's game development, so mistakes are made and things never go as planned. I don't even blame them.

Nonetheless, my only point is that for what they charged other companies can deliver. If they can't, throwing money at the problem isn't going to fix it.

I have two accounts currently as do a lot of the people I know. I did it mainly to give the developers an extra $40, and secondly to get an alt. I would gladly give another $10 if it would fix the lag though. They have said that they aren't even getting near to their bandwidth limits though, so they are trying to pinpoint the cause of it now.

So with Xid so far we have $20, anybody else ???

I'm much closer to sending them a bill for $40.