Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    hmmmmm...thats scarey...I started as leather crafter and got the exact same recipies as non leather crafter...ie....no real patterns, just basics like heyburn pants, shirt, moccassin, tarp and straps O.O

I can't seem to learn any new recipes at all for basketry. I craft the whole time I'm online, and I've never even gained a single level. Back a few weeks ago I'd craft like six things and gain a level, all while learning about three new things to make. I've made about 30 hats, counting making the items necessary to make them, and I haven't learned anything, or made any progress on my basketry skill. I'd say they either changed it hardcore, or something isn't right with it.

I've gain and lost about 6 toolcraft recipes today thanks to rollbacks.
    No levels gained in the skill at all, just making a ton of metal stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggyman View Post
    I can't seem to learn any new recipes at all for basketry. I craft the whole time I'm online, and I've never even gained a single level. Back a few weeks ago I'd craft like six things and gain a level, all while learning about three new things to make. I've made about 30 hats, counting making the items necessary to make them, and I haven't learned anything, or made any progress on my basketry skill. I'd say they either changed it hardcore, or something isn't right with it.
    Well in beta you started with some recipes that were parts of sets, thus unlocking those sets.

Now, for the most part, unless you chose Basketry as your main craft it is not like you have any recipes but The Basics. Thus you have no sets, thus you need to scav up a recipe to unlock a set.

That IS troubling that you haven't at least gained a skill point... I wonder what your stats are? And is this your main craft or a side craft? I don't know that stats affects the rate you learn skill points (or how), but I assume they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggyman View Post
    This would suck....

Can anyone confirm?

Gains wont be the same as in testing .

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    This would suck....

Can anyone confirm?
    I have 43 Basketry skill and only 3 non-starter recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Boneguard View Post
    I have 43 Basketry skill and only 3 non-starter recipes
    Boneguard what is your charm and spirit at? Also do you have any basket recipes?

Looking at Bones screenshot, and working of my theory..

Not sure which is starter skill was... I suspect Basketry since he says he only gained 3 recipes and I don't htink you get the Plates until lvl 25.

But it looks like for some reason he started with 0 sets (if basketry WAS his starter he could've started with up to 2 different sets). Alot of those hats aren't part of sets, they are just freebies like the plates.

But he has disproven that skill gain and recipe gain is broke, so that's good.

Basketry is my main skill. I have made 30 hats at a time, 30 hats...plus the mats to make the items. I have tried making everything I can make multiple times, nothing has given me a skill point. I am decked out in everything I can make as clothing, and I have gained zero points, putting me at 25 crafting. I have learned nothing as well, and though I grant sets make sense, you also are supposed to gain random recipes from crafting, which is not happening for me. My OTHER crafts seem to work alright, but this one doesn't.

Also, I have standard charm and spirit (50) the same as I had a few weeks ago, when this worked without an issue.