Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Geops View Post
    - Tailoring / Leatherworking getting recipies in the same group/set as I already have
    Can confirm this - had no new tailoring recipes until a tribe member gave me a rubicon recipe he scavenged, then learnt 3 more rubicon ones in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dackain View Post
    But baskets and pouches are worthless for trade, only the creator can set permissions, how does that seem right? So, weather or not it was intended to be this hard to get baskets, in my opinion it is still broke. This is encouraging re rolling for a number of reasons that i wont put in here to not give anyone any more ideas.
    I just got 4 pouches and two baskets today from someone who traded them to me. I could set permission on the ground or in my inventory just fine.

Im am pretty sure that is false jumpshot, our tribe has attempted this several times with pouches/bags/baskets and that was never proven to be true, but since during release we havent had any baskets to confirm I could be wrong. Someone else get the same results as jumpshot>?
    You are kidding right? Someone makes the baskets and puts them in the trade window of the other person. Ownership then changes and when the second person sets down the basket on the ground they can set permissions.

I've heard enough people (at least 6) say they have been grinding basketry to unlock things and had nothing unlock,
    and heard enough people who started with basketry skill specialty say they have bins/basket recipes or unlocked them,
    that I believe this is somewhat intentional to make basketry an attractive choice for starting craft... and to encourage trade etc.

What I do not understand is those who have said they did start in basketry and still can not unlock anything....

Im am pretty sure that is false jumpshot, our tribe has attempted this several times with pouches/bags/baskets and that was never proven to be true, but since during release we havent had any baskets to confirm I could be wrong. Someone else get the same results as jumpshot>?
    He is correct, last week and today; same thing.

1) If the creator of the basket trades it to the person, then it becomes the property of the recipient.

2) If it is dropped on the ground, it always remains property of the person who dropped it.
    Meaning that; regardless of what permissions are set (even if set to public, and people can take the whole container and use it), the only person able to change permissions is the original owner (whoever dropped it).
    __________________________________________________ ____
    I found out the hard way last week why it is bad to not trade containers directly... stored all my patterns an such in a bin my friend dropped for me and set to friend or public...
    had the bin in my property using it, then one day i decided I'd put it just outside so friends could access... suddenly I no longer had any access to it.

Prior to the rollback, I had 29 basketry, with Basketry as not being my chosen starting craft skill.

I only learned hats up to that point. So it seems that you can indeed only learn sets that you have at least one piece of.

Making Basket Weaving a profession just sounds... painful. The only things you learn are what you start with and once you've traded with everyone in your area... exactly what's the point? I mean it's not like you'll learn anything more or better by constantly making baskets. I can't imagine grass items would have much use later in the game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Making Basket Weaving a profession just sounds... painful. The only things you learn are what you start with and once you've traded with everyone in your area... exactly what's the point? I mean it's not like you'll learn anything more or better by constantly making baskets. I can't imagine grass items would have much use later in the game either.
    I am highly inclined to agree with you, sir.

Although there would need to be some basket weavers. Otherwise no one would have any baskets ( unless they found the recipe ).

I kind've lament going woodcraft now, though. I found an old saw blade within 20 minutes of working on scavenging. x.x