Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Gaining new recipes seems broken

I started with no basket recipes, so i have been making twine and thread for ages but havent gotten 1 new recipe. A few weeks ago i was in the same situation, made twine thread for like 10 mins and had about 5 or 6 new recipes? Anyone else feel that gaining new recipes might be broken somehow?

Unhappy It's not broken, just completely random

I was making twine/thread/ e.t.c for 5 mins and got 2 recipes, of course I lost my progress due to the rollbacks

isnt it kinda random thought what u get and what stats u picked at the start?

I obtained new recipes via toolcrafting. Haven't had the chance to do anything else. Maybe your recipe chance is affected by "luck" which is either charm or spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I obtained new recipes via toolcrafting. Haven't had the chance to do anything else. Maybe your recipe chance is affected by "luck" which is either charm or spirit.

That would suck. I dropped those two stats to 20.

But I got a new recipe in basketry at level 10 -- as have a few other people near me. Always at 10, and always the same one ( grass hat ).

So, I'm hoping its still randomized and it's just the fact that we're low-skilled so we don't have a wide range of variable crafts we can make yet.

I have yet to try anything else, crafting wise.

The new change in crafting is a bit of a surprise, because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what path to take early on to solo efficiently and what stats complimented what I was trying to do, and still have enough strength/fortitude/agility to not be totally gimped in PvP. But now that everything is changed up, you kind of have to wing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    That would suck. I dropped those two stats to 20.

But I got a new recipe in basketry at level 10 -- as have a few other people near me. Always at 10, and always the same one ( grass hat ).

So, I'm hoping its still randomized and it's just the fact that we're low-skilled so we don't have a wide range of variable crafts we can make yet.

I have yet to try anything else, crafting wise.

The new change in crafting is a bit of a surprise, because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what path to take early on to solo efficiently and what stats complimented what I was trying to do, and still have enough strength/fortitude/agility to not be totally gimped in PvP. But now that everything is changed up, you kind of have to wing it.
    Dont forget that was beta and this is about to be live.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    Dont forget that was beta and this is about to be live.
    Oh, I know. I'm not complaining or anything. Just means I need to experiment with different stuff all over again. Just a lot harder because if I join a tribe, I imagine they'll quickly get tired of me rerolling just to try out the difference between 20 Spirit and 80 Spirit.

And I'll need to experiment with different crafts and if it's still ' randomized ' versus persistently getting recipes.

Which presents another problem because, right now, I've got access to a junk pile. That access would quickly be lost if I rerolled and lost the totem. Plus with all the rollbacks recently, it'd probably be a moot point.

Broken, or it doesn't work like you think it does.

If you don't already know basket recipes, (I'm 99% sure) you aren't going to learn them from grindng. You are going to have to find them.

Baskets are a set, and you don't learn pieces from a set you don't already have one piece of. (hats, plates, and other exceptions exist)

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Broken, or it doesn't work like you think it does.

If you don't already know basket recipes, (I'm 99% sure) you aren't going to learn them from grindng. You are going to have to find them.

Baskets are a set, and you don't learn pieces from a set you don't already have one piece of. (hats, plates, and other exceptions exist)

Hmm. If that's true, then it means if you don't start with Basketry, or find the recipe, you're just not going to get them. Would be the same for weapons and bonecraft? Tools, I doubt, because you can easily grind variations of all those, so I think those would be an exception.

Architecture would be another exception?

As far as my understanding goes, tools don't have sets.

I'm not sure about Architecture, I dont think it has sets either but I've never ground it.