Thread: Decay?

Decay?

So when are we getting it? Without it all crafts are pointless within a month

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    So when are we getting it? Without it all crafts are pointless within a month
    Shh! Five more hours! At this rate, that's how long it will take me to get a weaver. I had two recipes, one right after the other, and the lasher recipe I already had. And then rollback. Poof. Gotten ten or more recipes to stick since, but no weaver! But I will prevail. Oh yes, I will.

Id say in about 2 weeks everyone have everything and that will make people start quitting.

My guess.

We need decay on buildings, armor, food, weapons, tools, Material

I just hope this doesn't become like Wurm Online where I feel I need to log in all the time to spend a bunch of time repairing stuff I have already made. That is part of what killed that game for me, I felt like there was too much effort going into repairing everything, and between my fence, and tending my farm fields it started to feel like another job. When decay is implemented I think nothing but structures or containers/materials outside of structures should decay unless its being used. So armor will decay when it takes a hit, weapons will decay when you hit something with them. Tools decay as they are used etc. but time spent maintaining your base should be 30 minutes per week tops for a walled off 1 man homestead with a few structures. Time spent maintaining weapons, armors, and tools, could be much greater if you play heavily. I just don't want to be logging in all the time to maintain crap to the point it interferes with my life or the ability to go out and have fun/build new things in-game.

we need a stable server before they do anything ele with this game.. having item decay whiel half the time your lagging otu and cant do anything is a bad idea.

I never looked into this item decay stuff in this game, if they do bring it in will you be able to repair stuff or will it just brake and thats it gone?

I think that should depend on the item. Darkfall proves having things decay until they go poof is a very, very, very good idea in this sort of PVP environment but this only makes sense for things like weapons and tools. Structures, containers, etc. need to be fully repairable, or else you will have to entirely rebuild your base every so often which would be a game breaker for me.

Also food needs to have a super fast decay. I shouldn't be able to have a basket of fish sitting out in the open last days and days and days.

Id say in about 2 weeks everyone have everything and that will make people start quitting.
    The game is SO bad that you'd quit if you didn't constantly need to replace your stuff? Go back to WoW.

All dev time should be going into making combat and crafting (and fishing etc for that matter) fun, and by extension right now, fixing the lag. Maybe you should treat this as your 'head start' and use the fact that your axe won't degrade to gather wood, grind some crafts that you don't normally use, scavenge to prepare yourself for a chosen currency later game, try some random-spam-teleport PvP, make some friends, try some diplomacy etc. etc. etc. I haven't had a bored moment in game, EXCEPT when whacking out the same three clicks over and over and over to grind a craft, or even one click every 20 seconds for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post
    The game is SO bad that you'd quit if you didn't constantly need to replace your stuff? Go back to WoW.

All dev time should be going into making combat and crafting (and fishing etc for that matter) fun, and by extension right now, fixing the lag. Maybe you should treat this as your 'head start' and use the fact that your axe won't degrade to gather wood, grind some crafts that you don't normally use, scavenge to prepare yourself for a chosen currency later game, try some random-spam-teleport PvP, make some friends, try some diplomacy etc. etc. etc. I haven't had a bored moment in game, EXCEPT when whacking out the same three clicks over and over and over to grind a craft, or even one click every 20 seconds for fishing.
    Chosen currency doesnt have to be any of the scavanged ones as its not backed by anything, fishing? did enough of that before we got the other features:P

PvP is broken, no animals.

But yes i want Lag and other issues fixed first.
    But without decay soon everyone will have every tool, every weapon, every armor and every building.. then what?

Skill decay? Soon people are starting to max out in multiple crafts.

Chosen currency doesnt have to be any of the scavanged ones as its not backed by anything, fishing? did enough of that before we got the other features:P

PvP is broken, no animals.

But yes i want Lag and other issues fixed first.
    But without decay soon everyone will have every tool, every weapon, every armor and every building.. then what?

Skill decay? Soon people are starting to max out in multiple crafts.
    In a game like Xsyon, where the features (many of which are significant) only get added over time. It means that for the first 3 or 6 months things are very unbalanced.

That is just the way it is. All the interrelated features are not all going to appear in the first few weeks. In fact, probably none will appear until the current lag problems are sorted, and that's work in progress atm. Each added feature may bring a new bucketfull of lag, so the code may need to be optimized all over again.

We don't even have the quality/durability of items displaying in tooltips yet, which is vital to crafting. There are 7 levels of both quality and durability ingame. Currently you could be producing "Junk" quality items when you craft, but you have no way of knowing.

Decay can be a solution, but the need of repairing stuffs all the time is very irritating and it does put a burden on the server. It would be better imo if armors/tools/weapons had a limited use, like they could be used say 20 times before breaking. When armors and weapons will actually count in fights and comfort will be in game people will stop running around naked, hence they will start to lose their stuffs in PvP. I'd like to see full items drop implemented in case of PvE death too, that would help big time as well.