Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We need Sand !

Quote Originally Posted by Runtlington View Post
    Uneducated people frustrate me.

"Sand is created from the weathering and erosion of rock and rock particles to a size that is between .06-2.0 mm in diameter. Sand deposits can be of quartz particles, gypsum particles, fractured obsidian, oolites, glauconite, shell or coral fragments, or other mineral or rock material."

FYI there are many different types of sand and its more to do with the particle size or shape rather than what minerals it consists of. Sandstones are just cemented grains of 'sand'.

I could go on and on about this, before you argue please please do some research and i'll even let you link a wiki or other sources if you so wish.
    Which is why you in the mountains mostly find gravel as that is what wind, rain (and the lovely acid in the rain) can do in mountains.
    But seriously, erosion is from water. Large quantities of it, over many a years. Which is why sand is common at shores and in areas that was once the sea bed (Jutland is an excellent example of once sea bed). Should mountains that once were sea bed, but now are well obviously mountains, have contained sand on the surface, that has been washed away with rain over the millennia.

FYI I know there are quite a lot of different sand, but honestly, what kind of sand do you think this is. Any kind of special sand?.. No, it is the broad term of the word sand. Unless I'm mistaken, most people would probably think of beach sand than they would think of special type of red sand, no? In which case.. And I'm only saying this because it is fun.. Where do you usually find beach sand.. Around lakes and near oceans (not that we have oceans in-game yet). So most likely sand will be in areas with lots of water. It also includes rivers that are not subjugated to waterfalls, ie. quiet rivers such as in plains or close to the lake. Why not mountain rivers? The stream would carry the sand down to the point where the momentum is no greater than the resistance. That is usually at the end of the river, unless I've mistaken the whole point of gravity.
    Just saying..

Oh yes, as a last note.. Calling other people uneducated, then to, again, quote a wikipedia article does -not- seem very educated.

Shake your pant leg and some sand might fall out.

I found not only new junk piles but also sand spots in the mountains just yesterday that weren't there a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    wow: Some of us need to get everything spoonfed to them hey ? :P
    Evidently..

I really hope they don't listen to this, or similar posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplodocus View Post
    U did a good job with junk pile ...
    Now we need Sand !
    If u leave the middle map u wont get any sands .
    I though u could get some near river but after 3 hours walking, nothing.
    I wont complain if u do nothing
    Agree....there needs to be more sand.
    Every river with water in it, would have sand on the shoreline.
    It's a fact of nature....but this game, its like 10% do.
    Fix it, fix the lag, fix the combat...then it will be the game we all hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Agree....there needs to be more sand.
    Every river with water in it, would have sand on the shoreline.
    It's a fact of nature....but this game, its like 10% do.
    Fix it, fix the lag, fix the combat...then it will be the game we all hoped it would be.

Not all sand is suitable for making mortar.

The devs already caved and added far more resources in the starting area, in addition to the stuff that will be uncovered under the fog there's already far too much junk in the game for it to be valuable.

There needs to be some sort of resource that has a value to it, if they just add enough of everything for everyone there's no reason for PvP, no reason for trade, alliance, ect. The PvP will just turn into a WoW style dick waving contest instead of a fight for essential resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    The PvP will just turn into a WoW style dick waving contest instead of a fight for essential resources.
    That's exactly what a lot of people want. They don't want to admit it, but you can tell by their "suggestions" and demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    I found not only new junk piles but also sand spots in the mountains just yesterday that weren't there a week ago.
    If this isn't a troll, all I can say is, that's some quality scouting right there. And as other people already mentioned, out toward the green mist you can sometimes find it, too.

And I moved from my last location where there was sand right under my homestead area, so you guys crying for sand can just load up and truck me out some sand in your packs. I only moved because I wanted fewer neighbors and I wanted my neighbors to be friendly, not a tribe eyeing my location and hoping I'd drop off the face of the earth soon so they could expand into it.

Bring me some chalk while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    ... Bring me some chalk while you're at it.
    The Brethren of the Seals in zone 777 have chalk to trade with you and other travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    The Brethren of the Seals in zone 777 have chalk to trade with you and other travellers.
    Sweet, thanks! I might head that way in a day or so if I don't run across some. What are you guys looking to trade for? Anything specific?