Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need Sand !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We need Sand !

U did a good job with junk pile ...
    Now we need Sand !
    If u leave the middle map u wont get any sands .
    I though u could get some near river but after 3 hours walking, nothing.
    I wont complain if u do nothing

Plenty of sand around that is not in the middle, you just need to look harder.

Limestone is everywhere... sand??? are u sure u could find any when u leave middle map?
    I do know for the middle lake and river's ending in it... but when u re building in mountain zone near green myst .. nothing.

Dig Holes, voila sand

Quote Originally Posted by Haplodocus View Post
    Limestone is everywhere... sand??? are u sure u could find any when u leave middle map?
    I do know for the middle lake and river's ending in it... but when u re building in mountain zone near green myst .. nothing.
    Epic answer.. Since when has a mountain been made of sand.. Seriously? Do you think it would be standing still if it was made of a material that slides, glides and moves around when you walk on it.
    Sorry.. T'is just too stupid. If you explore, you shall find and no not all resources will be available to you. You should have thought of that before you settled.. It is mentioned multiple times in the About and the Feature list.

Asking for help on a forum !
    How stupid am i ? !
    Thx anyway hey, that was fun.
    Hey don't worry about them, you can find sand in a few places over in plains near the green mist. I'd like to give you coords but then everyone is going to be around there, i suggest you explore, when you are though keep your resource window open and see what else is around like basalt, chalk etc and mark down the coords for your future use.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Epic answer.. Since when has a mountain been made of sand.. Seriously? Do you think it would be standing still if it was made of a material that slides, glides and moves around when you walk on it.
    Sorry.. T'is just too stupid.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Mo..._%28Alabama%29 and for your information he never said the mountain was 'made of sand' did he? And yes you can find sand deposits in mountains carried there by galcial movements, also irl there are plenty of sand and gravel pits around a long distance from the water.

And how much of that sand was actually made at the mountain. I bet ya the rate is below 5%..
    Fact is mountains don't create sand, they can obtain sand through other means. Such as glaciers. That wasn't what he said or wanted. He wanted sand in mountains, which is the exact opposite of what you would find on and in a mountain unless we have glaciers in-game, which we don't.

Don't use wiki as a reference please.. I could look up special cases too.. Doesn't make it true as this case proves it.
    Sandstone is not sand. It is partly sand and consists of various minerals (minerals that if they weren't there the mountain wouldn't be possible and would be called a sand dune - hench the kind of fecking sand we're talking about, unless you have been able to create sand out of sandstone in-game (or even found sandstone..)

Why the smart-ass comment? Because he wanted sand in places that usually do not have sand, in an obvious "I want to be self-sufficient'-way instead of accepting that not everything can be procured everywhere. (which has been said COUNTLESS of times on these boards as well as in the various official website pages..)

There's nothing wrong with asking questions on a forum.. There is everything wrong with not doing a search inquiry or at least bother to thoroughly read the informations you have been given. (Almost like the ***** in-game asking how you do stuff.. Instead of asking, why not.. TRY.. Omg you have to think yourself.. Damn it, I see the problem.)

U did a good job with junk pile ...
    Now we need Sand !
    If u leave the middle map u wont get any sands .
    I though u could get some near river but after 3 hours walking, nothing.
    I wont complain if u do nothing
    Plenty of sand around the lake, and in some rivers