Baskets - you can grief tribes

Right now you can make a basket on someone elses land. You can set permissions for it but you can not pick it up. If it's set to "private" then you can block land of other people which is effective way of griefing tribes. And no one can clean it up if permission stays on private.

Another way of griefing with this tech is by making few baskets next to someone elses baskets (when he is not looking) and set permission to public. Once you have done that someone from that tribe just might start puting stuff into the basket and you can sneak up and take it without any problem.

I short = xploit material. Please don't allow anyone but tribe members to make and place baskets on the ground of that tribe. Neutral or shared baskets should never be placed by outsiders.

Seems like a good idea considering the fact that I don't think you can actually see permissions to a container or who placed it. You can either open it or you can't. I'd assume any containers on my tribes land is ours, so yeah... it could lead to problems. I don't think anyone should be allowed to place anything on another tribes land. But in the very least, things like containers should definitely not be allowed.

they should just fix the permission deal so that permissions can only be set on a container if you are on your own land

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Right now you can make a basket on someone elses land. You can set permissions for it but you can not pick it up. If it's set to "private" then you can block land of other people which is effective way of griefing tribes. And no one can clean it up if permission stays on private.

Another way of griefing with this tech is by making few baskets next to someone elses baskets (when he is not looking) and set permission to public. Once you have done that someone from that tribe just might start puting stuff into the basket and you can sneak up and take it without any problem.

I short = xploit material. Please don't allow anyone but tribe members to make and place baskets on the ground of that tribe. Neutral or shared baskets should never be placed by outsiders.
    I thought you could take ownership of anything that was on your land, including baskets. If not, then yeah, even thought I'm sure people won't be allowed to grief this way, it shouldn't be possible to be able to grief this way. If someone drops a basket on another tribe's land, they should have to hope the tribe doesn't want it or anything that's in it!

As for the second one, I think it's a pretty funny idea, actually, and not an exploit. I couldn't see myself doing it to anyone, on the other hand, I'll count my baskets more carefully from now on and double check permissions once in awhile in case a cuckoo basket sneaked in! If someone sneaks one in on me, then walks off with my stuff, good for them, they were clever than I was. So be it.

tribe leader can open and pickup any basket on their tribe zone regardless of permission.

also, a bin can be traded to someone and then permissions are able to be set again by the person the bin is traded too.