Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Yeah, I really cannot emphasize how much it is the players' fault for not being satisfied with Xsyon right now.. demanding absurd things like the ability to encounter player characters and mobile non-player characters, or even engage in combat. Those are the kinds of things you find in a theme park MMO, not an indie sandbox MMO. If you have a problem with this, either learn to have some creativity or GO BACK TO WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Yeah, I really cannot emphasize how much it is the players' fault for not being satisfied with Xsyon right now.. demanding absurd things like the ability to encounter player characters and mobile non-player characters, or even engage in combat. Those are the kinds of things you find in a theme park MMO, not an indie sandbox MMO. If you have a problem with this, either learn to have some creativity or GO BACK TO WOW.
    -small team
    -indie game
    -sandbox
    -great potential
    -we are "going" to have
    -they just need time to . . .

Next time I hear these things I am just going to copy and paste your response. It seems very true.

Minimum viable product is what we have
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_product

The only problem with that is that there are other MVPs around that people will jump to on a whim. . you can't miss the boat . . which is your launch. . without a slow painful crawl back up. Xsyon has the fact that there is no similar game. Look at MO. . how long after release and they are now stating that they are ready to move forward with content - assuming nothing breaks. When I was 21 I had the time / patience. I will stick with the game but am likely not to continue to sub until something is added. Animals would keep me for a bit.

Like I said before: Everything is so static without decay or random events. The raccoon thing will help a little. . great initiative there.

The product has to keep the interest of enough people though. . and give them a reason to resub monthly. I think this is why we have seen the increase in Lifetime offers and also Free to Play where people will jump in and spend 3 months worth of money and quit after a month.

My biggest problem is that there is still nothing I would rather play. . I hop on Darkfall once in awhile and will consider the 14 day trial for MO after the next *caugh* expansion *caugh* is released. Hoping in 14 days there is something to hunt.

Wow. . what a ramble. Hope that made some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Yes its all the players fault for why they are unhappy with a game and bored.
    I mean geez, why should we expect to play with other people in an MMO? Or even find animals to hunt? Or how about maybe a reason to fight. We need some creativity dont we?

Im going back to WOW clearly because WOW is a sandbox game.

I have to say everything you just said is part of what the GAME MAKERS should be doing for its people not what people should be doing for themselves. People should be doing events, and setting goals. Not worried about finding an animal to hunt, or finding someone to play the game with. There should be tons of people playing, that you can meet up with and play or fight with.

Yeah..I'm not quitting, but I've decided I'm going to just play forum-watch until something changes. I've built a homestead (twice), explored the entire map several times, chosen and skilled up a profession (though there are no/very few animals to hunt), and stockpiled months worth of supplies. Now I'm just logging on to visit with the few folks around my area and hope something new happens soon.

I understand and enjoy the concept of Prelude, but we need more systems in place to make it what it's supposed to be. Trade, commerce, economy, conflict (other than on the forums)...these are all nonexistent at the moment.

I hope Jordi makes a move soon, because I feel we're about to hit the point of no return.

You really think this game is going to fail? What about games like Darkfall or EvE which really didnt get any attention untill more than a year after release. I'm pretty sure this game wont flat out fail if games like Mortal Online are still alive and running.

However I would like to see them succeed and not be an unknown underground game. Heres to Notorious games. May your comfort bars always be filled!

DF had way more attention than this on their release day.

Thinking back on it now, having no safe zones at launch probably wouldn't have been that bad of an idea. Every structure built would have that extra satisfaction knowing that it wasn't just a matter of gathering the resources, but also having friends to watch your back while you crafted it. Populations would have spread out more realistically, you could have gone far away hoping nobody will find you, or band together with a larger group in a higher populated area. Players would have had to interact with each other, make political agreements and alliances to stabilize their areas so larger constructions could be made in safety. Who knows how the game would have worked out if players actually had to deal with each other?

But now we have this. Everyone has everything, nothing is hard except the sheer amount of time spent to grind, but there is no metagame or politics to make that grind feel purposeful. For a post apocalyptic game about survival, the actual building of your camp, what was supposed to be the essence of the game, was as exciting as building sandcastles on the beach with your friends on a sunny day. Talking about nonsense on Vent, because come on, what else is there to do while you play this game?

bahh. i got got a shit ton left to do. if u are the bored remake ur cities or do ur own arena pvp or go exploring!. I knew this would happen. Most of u like to speed through things. and now most of ya are bored. hell along with my cities epic todo list i still got a shit town to grind up inskills. trick is pacing yourself. and atm ill have everything capped and city done with in 3-6 months. So all works for me. Even if most of ya thats left walk away i shall remain. This is a indie company. when i signed on i expected the very thing happening, You wont get these huge updates ur all wanting with in a month or even 2. they are a small dev team, it will take 6 months to get the game at its intended launch state with full features and the new zone opening up, not to mention the lag fixs etc. Btw i am having alot of fun building my sandcastle. But hey its my opnion, everyone has their own. Its neither A. you like the game enough to wait it out as it will be awhile (eve online same thing their) (fallen earth had sum very rough times but is getting their) Same thing here. or Option B. Move on to a new game. Seeing as the dev team areant robots and cant work super fast 24/7 7 days a week without food or water or sleep, That is the only 2 option's you all got. bitching on the fourms may make ya feel beter, but sadly wont speed the process up. So take your pick A or B. Have a nice day all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    Thinking back on it now, having no safe zones at launch probably wouldn't have been that bad of an idea.
    Then at least the community could have gotten started on the easy, roughly 72-hour process of growing thicker skin.

Instead, what we've got are the most self-righteous, hateful, virulently forum-warring carebears known to man.