Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compass

Honestly I am very dyslexic and I have a hard hard time with the coordinates. I can operate a boat using GPS all day long.. because I have a map that is relevant to the coordinates. I can get home using a compass... if you turned off the mapping feature of my gps and all I had was plot numbers and no bread crumb trail I would be lost. The map people have made out of game helps me a ton.. but flipping back kinda sucks... but atleast I make due with it.

Keeping up with the coordinates in my head just doesn't work for me. I have a pretty good sight memory and usually used places of intrest as refrences to where I was going with a general idea of the cords.

I agree a cartography skill would be awesome. I imagine the biggest problem is the map is always changing and how would one go about skilling it up? (repeatedly make maps? or just by walking around exploring?)

I think that at low skill your map would be very basic (an 'X' for a city here a squiggly line representing a river or road there..) and as your skill got better the map would become more detailed. Perhaps if the map had a grid and for every new sector you entered, your skill would increase.

A cartogrphy skill will come....so its on the list.