Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    days lost work = a day to fix

I have spent, and lost, more time on projects in real life. You cant just give up because you have to start over. Youre either in it for the 2months and see what happens or you aren't and you leave. Either way, it is whatever floats your boat.

They should completely wipe the accounts of people getting refunds. They will be back soon anyway and just end up paying more without the 2.5 months free gametime and loss of starter weapon.

Get nerdier friends.

i spent a looooong time cutting down trees no joke 100+ trees allll got rolled back, i was happy when i thought i was actually gonna be able to play

Well, I am sticking around for now since I have two and a half months of free service anyway, but I refuse to log into the game until I know there won't be any massive rollbacks.

Last night I had an amazing time playing and starting to get my character together. I spent a ton of time gathering and crafting to make clothes, and learning other aspects of the game along with leveling some skills. Then I logged in today like others to see all my hours of hard work was a waste of time.

I suppose there must have been a good reason for such a large rollback, but I simply can't waste any more time until I'm sure it won't happen again. This is a game breaker, and needs to be fixed now, not later.

GUYS try to relize how much you want to or not this is a mmo and many mmo's are crappy the first week with lots of problems..i have played many, i cant blame you on how ya feel i feel the same way but im just not so quick to give it up on the opening day, im atleast gonna give it a week and it will probably run 100 times better..Gotta have faith my brothers and sisters amen!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by doowac13 View Post
    GUYS try to relize how much you want to or not this is a mmo and many mmo's are crappy the first week with lots of problems..i have played many, i cant blame you on how ya feel i feel the same way but im just not so quick to give it up on the opening day, im atleast gonna give it a week and it will probably run 100 times better..Gotta have faith my brothers and sisters amen!!!lol
    Faith? this isn't religion...

Since Merdian 59, I have taken part in way, way too many closed alphas, closed/open betas and launches

The inherent lag issues relating to client and server sync are non-trivial and games purposely do not have certain features because of the level of technical feasibility this requires.

Many games take years to devise how to how to handle this around specific features- be they separate servers (for chat and NPC commerce), be they instances, etc.

In order to understand how to scale this, hence creating a product that accumulates customers, MMO companies purposely schedule open stress tests fo varying degrees.

There is a reason Rift launched with 100Ks of players almost without a hitch- they had the $ to do it. Obviously we support and hope that a few thousand people can make a game like this work, but the economics don't work out.

Darkfall took what - 7+ years to get the features they wanted almost lag free from their earliest game design?

I really hope this game succeeds, but it isn't gonna take faith, it is gonna take $

I am staying until my 2 1/2 months of gametime are up. I will not ask for a refund because I think the devs will get this sorted out.

Good Point. Im here sense MAY 2010. And I know it will get better. They need to track down the lag problem. What and who is causing the lag. Make a small program to record the performance or something... For example. When i right click on a log and there is a lag, it takes a while for the menu to appear. I think it should not be that way.

Hopefully, they will figure it out very soon. It's just weird. It will work great for a few minutes...then he will shut it down. Then it works great for 30 minutes then the lag hits. Then, well....it's all random.