Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by millsdo View Post
    Hopefully, they will figure it out very soon. It's just weird. It will work great for a few minutes...then he will shut it down. Then it works great for 30 minutes then the lag hits. Then, well....it's all random.
    I would assume alot of testing taking place on the back end of the game.

Awesome... the more people leave the easier it will be on the servers, shame they got refunds tbh, but can't have everything.

Thinking of the hours I spent tracking down and trading for tools, yah it's depressing to lose that. However, in doing so I made some great new friends -- and the roll back hasn't affected that one bit! So it's not a total loss for me.

Please, just no more!! It takes enough time to advance anything that doing it over and over is too disheartening.

AV will remain and stick by the game. It's worth it.

~ Jezra

Quote Originally Posted by Angyll View Post
    Thinking of the hours I spent tracking down and trading for tools, yah it's depressing to lose that. However, in doing so I made some great new friends -- and the roll back hasn't affected that one bit! So it's not a total loss for me.

Please, just no more!! It takes enough time to advance anything that doing it over and over is too disheartening.

AV will remain and stick by the game. It's worth it.

~ Jezra
    spoken like a true soldier.

Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit. ~ Napoleon Hill

I would normally give an MMO at least a year, before writing it off. In this fickle market though, I'm not sure that works anymore. Can a game survive a bad launch and get that year of development?

this game sucks and i am out i they just can't deliver what the promise

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I would normally give an MMO at least a year, before writing it off. In this fickle market though, I'm not sure that works anymore. Can a game survive a bad launch and get that year of development?
    Once upon a time, a beta was an actual beta. People knew that it was a very unfinished, rough product of what was to come. It was meant for testing, hammering out bugs, stress testing, and ensuring all that the features ( that were enabled ) functioned properly.

In the past 3 years, perhaps a little longer, the rise of the " Sneak Peak " has been what Beta's have become. It's no longer about helping a game development, but Beta has become a thing for people to try the game out before purchasing it. There are numerous reviewers, both professional and not, who join a game while in Beta and either flame it to hell or praise it beyond belief, yet when the actual game comes out, they find something different ( changed features, bugs, etc ) and are somehow surprised by this.

Obviously, this came to developers attention. They had to practically fully complete the game just to release in Beta so that reviewers wouldn't flame the crap out of it and expect some dazzling finished product, and because of the way things are these days, developers can't spend years in development, can't Beta a product properly because of it ( except in Alpha ), and end up pushing out either 1) with cut features, 2) unfinished, 3) buggy. Only huge companies such as Blizzard or Nexon or SOE can spend years in development on a single game and get through all that within a margin of error ( even if some of these companies still make fail games. There will be no names said. )

I am not saying this is the case with Xsyon specifically, but this is an unfortunate thing that is happening in the gaming industry right now.

So, to answer your question? No. Games cannot survive a bad launch anymore.

Look at Age of Conan. It was destroyed by its launch, even if it's a solid game now. Numerous other MMO's fall into that category. Will Xsyon fall into the same category? Don't know. It was a niche game from the get-go, so it didn't have mass market appeal such as Rift or World of Warcraft. All of us can admit to at least that.

So, will it survive? Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post

So, will it survive? Hopefully.

This game is unique enough to survive this if they pull it out soon, and continue to make steady improvements and enhancements. Indy games like this don't play by the same financial/corporate rules, not to mention that the gameplay is so unlike anything out there that it will pull a very unique and dedicated player base, even if small at first.

Last night when the server was stable, I walked around and was sort of in a state of awe watching various tribes in my area working on their camps. It had this sense of reality to it that is hard to explain. I really felt like I was in this land where people were trying to get their lives back together, form groups, make camps, defenses, bushcraft, etc. It was really neat. Then I started crafting a nice set of leather clothed for my toon and realized that crafting is a lot fun. I really got swept away in it for hours.

That type of creative immersion is something you won't find in most games, especially theme park games. The community aspect where people were meeting up through general chat to share and trade tools was unique and awesome as well. I cannot wait to see alliances and friendships formed, a stable and interesting trade system, wars and conflicts, stories and adventures, etc. All of this created by the players themselves, not brought to you in a scripted and static quest or instance like most games.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    This game is unique enough to survive this if they pull it out soon, and continue to make steady improvements and enhancements. Indy games like this don't play by the same financial/corporate rules, not to mention that the gameplay is so unlike anything out there that it will pull a very unique and dedicated player base, even if small at first.

Last night when the server was stable, I walked around and was sort of in a state of awe watching various tribes in my area working on their camps. It had this sense of reality to it that is hard to explain. I really felt like I was in this land where people were trying to get their lives back together, form groups, make camps, defenses, bushcraft, etc. It was really neat. Then I started crafting a nice set of leather clothed for my toon and realized that crafting is a lot fun. I really got swept away in it for hours.

That type of creative immersion is something you won't find in most games, especially theme park games. The community aspect where people were meeting up through general chat to share and trade tools was unique and awesome as well. I cannot wait to see alliances and friendships formed, a stable and interesting trade system, wars and conflicts, stories and adventures, etc. All of this created by the players themselves, not brought to you in a scripted and static quest or instance like most games.
    All if this and then some.

Plus, while I'll weep and swear and wail and once in awhile throw something against the wall, then promise to quit after I get frustrated enough, bugs aren't really something that I actually will quit over. There's no way the devs want their game to be buggy (well, unless the psychology experiment conspiracy theorists are correct), and they'll get everything fixed eventually. Meanwhile, I can cope, but I think it's a shame that these bugs are still infesting an otherwise incredible game and I hope the game pulls through. I just don't want to play anything else, not even for fifteen minutes.

troll post count +2

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I hope this isn't a re-occuring problem.. I have had several friends get a refund and bail today.. looks like the only thing Jordi is quick about is processing refunds.

It's a shame this game had so much potential.
    My main online gaming buddy whom I played everything ever with for the last 18 years bailed on this game after a couple hours and got a refund...
    He's not the lazy or impatient type either I assure you.
    Makes me sad, but he did say it has potential though, so maybe he'll come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    They should completely wipe the accounts of people getting refunds. They will be back soon anyway and just end up paying more without the 2.5 months free gametime and loss of starter weapon.
    Totally agree, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    i spent a looooong time cutting down trees no joke 100+ trees allll got rolled back...
    Good, you mean old tree killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Knowfear View Post
    this game sucks and i am out i they just can't deliver what the promise
    Good riddance to you and all the other badly named, impatient ganker kiddies who came from Darkfall (an consequentially think that sandbox/FFA pvp /full loot means the only reason to play is to PvP, since that's all that was worth a damn in Darkfall) and can only complain, say "lol", and "sup".