Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    But if everyone plays offpeak its no longer offpeak! So shhhhhh!
    oh shiiiiit

I just play through the lag, only when it becomes like 1min lag then I stop playing for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Imagine those who are buying post "pre-order" and who just have 2 months.

It's not pretty, and I myself am not demanding a refund because I know just how great this game is lag free... but I very much understand those who do. It's bloody unplayable.
    Actually people just buying the game get 1 free month I believe the 2 months was a pre-order thing and the extra two weeks was because of the Feb. 18th incident. And also, I've been playing the game all day, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    If this was my game, I would BAN this guy just out of principle alone.
    I agree.

You know what I love about you Banano? You say you're a hardcore player so Star should edit his post to where it says hardcore players are complaining, but you're not. Then in a fine moment of hypocracy you "fix" Dale's post which basically says that Pandemic tribe is purposely trying to make the game lag/crash/mess up. One Pandemic is not "evil" and we do not want to see this game fail. Does that mean some of us are irritated? Yes! Does that mean we want the game to fail? No!

People vent on forums, some do it more constructively than others but still a lot of times venting comes to a forum.

Oh and for the sake of being on topic;

Just because a Dev think he knows what's wrong doesn't mean he has figured what's wrong to the point where it can be fixed. Star just would like more details. End story.

Star also isn't owed details. O.o

And believe me cejay...I'd rather be at home playing than at work. =P

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    If this was my game, I would BAN this guy just out of principle alone.
    If I was a dev in a game like this, I'd block all celebrity, pop-culture, and well-known fictional character names from being used in character creation to begin with,
    but as a player I kind of like the fact I can make a near-complete and total judgement about someone's age, their play style, likely country of origin, other games they likely play, and maturity level...
    just from analyzing their name (as well as maybe reading a sentence or two they write).

^This allows me to quickly and easily put people into friend, foe, or neutral/unknown categories on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I just play through the lag, only when it becomes like 1min lag then I stop playing for a few minutes.
    Like i said 1 min lag is about 15 mins in for me thats when i relog. it does at least make the 15 mins playing slightly more pleasant

sadly builds up a lot quicker for me maybe takes 2-3 mins begore i get 1 min lag jsut aint worth it.. saying that it has been getting better a tiny bit haha

He also said that it will remain a problem until the most lagged player logs off. So if everyone logged off once an hour even would that not help? Mind you after the server reset it got bad quick. . who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I think that was a reference to the rollback, that's basically database corruption. It could all boil down to one of the hard drives on there Raid Array(which they should be using) is bad and is causing data corruption, it could be the compression method if one is used, It could be the link between the world server and the database server is maxing at capacity and dropping packets so its resending data(which they should be running GiB locally so this shouldn't be a issue)
    If you read the announcement, you'd know that the roll back was because they forgot to turn on saving to the database. They didn't produce a corrupt file or whatever, they just didn't produce a file. That's why the Jookster is now hunting through actions that require an instant backup to the database because that's what must be causing the bottleneck