Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two servers

Two servers

Perhaps with the lag problems it would be best to have two servers now. I managed to play about 4 hours today lag free with a stable ping, but about an hour ago it all went pear shaped and huge lag started. Ping would jumped up and down, but never stabilise. Server can't handle everyone crafting baskets at the same time i guess. Maybe if there were other things to do besides crafting there would be less traffic, i mean, server has surely got to take strain from 1000's ? of people grinding crafting items. Most mmo's people are just questing and killing npcs, Xsyon everyone is crafting and creating new items on the database. Maybe the size of the world is too ambitious too. Or is the lag from people macroing. Hmm, would having two servers help?

Xsyon Citizen
    No Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    System resources and bandwidth are not issues right now.

We don't need two servers. We need the bugs fixed, and that is what they are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy3k View Post
    Perhaps with the lag problems it would be best to have two servers now. I managed to play about 4 hours today lag free with a stable ping, but about an hour ago it all went pear shaped and huge lag started. Ping would jumped up and down, but never stabilise. Server can't handle everyone crafting baskets at the same time i guess. Maybe if there were other things to do besides crafting there would be less traffic, i mean, server has surely got to take strain from 1000's ? of people grinding crafting items. Most mmo's people are just questing and killing npcs, Xsyon everyone is crafting and creating new items on the database. Maybe the size of the world is too ambitious too. Or is the lag from people macroing. Hmm, would having two servers help?
    The issue isn't server capacity, its related to inefficient coding, likely database calls is my guess. Adding another server won't fix anything.

we're not going to have 2 servers - they will work out the coding and the lag will go away.

Maybe something like a WAR and PEACE server, awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    we're not going to have 2 servers - they will work out the coding and the lag will go away.
    The question is "When?"

Server was much better before the 12hr rollback. Whatever they did, made it worse. Much worse.

Guys sorry to say this but the coding is pretty much gona have to stay - that was the work of the Russian contractors that are now sacked off - so the only hope really I think is to have 2 servers as well. Lower pop but at least we can play. It is obvious now that the population is the cause of the lag - the coding I guess never allowed for so many people online that is why for the last year there have been like 100 max players at a time, most of the time is was 0 believe me !

I see yout point, but 1 server for me. It's a sandbox and should remain that way.