Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    .....mr. magoo.
    you show your age and its got to involve a little grey.
    hehe, so true

My funny story involves a stag - I'm sorting out stuff and trying to put it in a basket when suddenly this stag appears from inside the boulder in front of me and starts attacking. My first thought is oooo I want those antlers. Second thought is ok get in combat mode - only problem is that I'd been trying to open this basket for a bit. So I get to watch the stag beat me up halfway and then suddenly I'm in combat mode - get in a few good stabs and he turns around and disappears into the boulder.

So I run around the boulder as best I can in the lag and see him frolicking off in the distance. Funniest part of all this is that later my husband gets on and is crafting and a stag attacks him (it's late at night in rl now) and he kills it, gets all kind of stuff like eye balls, tongue, etc. He decides to use the antlers to make something and crafting fails. Tells me about it this morning and I nearly killed him for stealing my antlers

Xsyon Citizen
    ....mr. magoo.
    you show your age and its got to involve a little grey.
    i may just BE the old man here at the ripe ol age of 30, but no grey so far. we had mr magoo reruns back when i had 13 channels and the letter U. i miss PBS...but yeah. i'm probably the old man here. now get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    And verify whatever you want with recon

Arnt you a DA member?

And cords.. 1022 bordering to 982
    Divided Allegiance - Zone 1022, Location: 602 | 442 | 574 - Members 32 - to be exact

Quote Originally Posted by Snickle1980 View Post
    i may just BE the old man here at the ripe ol age of 30, but no grey so far. we had mr magoo reruns back when i had 13 channels and the letter U. i miss PBS...but yeah. i'm probably the old man here. now get off my lawn.
    No, you aren't the old man here, we have 50+ players here.

Totally approve of all the critter stories, those WERE actually exactly what I was looking for!

I do have a PvP story from Beta (v1) that I just remembered that was kinda silly.

Towards the end of beta I had lost all desire to grind and was running around looking for people to fight. I came across a homesteader doing some terraforming just downhill of me. He wanted to fight but was playing it safe and kept trying to drag me into his safe zone.

I would run downhill into his zone for a second and engage then try to drag him out as the melee ensued. He would then run uphill out of his zone and engage me, and then try to drag me in as the melee ensued. It was clear he wasn't going to let me kill him easily.

This cycle repeated a time or two. In a last heroic effort to get me engaged he barreled up over his safe zone boundry, and just as he did so completely stam'd out and started huffing and puffing. Needless to say he didn't make it back into his safe zone

Mine would be when I was in a certain other tribes territory getting a drink from a river (my own area has no water) and one of them chopped a tree down on top of me

So we are a group of 3 people and not planning to get much larger. We have our little homestead near a junkpile and a neighboring tribe of 13 or so people has warned us that they will fight if necessary and we tried to befriend them letting them know that we are all 3 very strong pvp'ers.

Later on that day they had one of their guys come over to our homestead and start chopping all the trees down and leaving the wood behind thinking that it was his only (newb). We proceed to loot all of the logs and carry them into our homestead and stack em up nice and neat. He finally sees what we are doing and starts yelling at us so we do him a favor and kill him to send him back to his tribe.

him and 3 buddies come over and start talking crap and we kind of ignore it as they stake claim to all that is around them.. "whatever guy".

Later on as we are harvesting "their" junk pile we see the same guy log on and take off up the mountain. I call my buddy to follow him so we run up the mountain sneaking behind him. As he goes to rest we jump on him like spidermonkeys and he gets up to run away yet all he can do is sit there and breathe as he is out of energy lol. Again we send him back to his tribe, now we are waiting for them to come whine to us how we killed them again

Quote Originally Posted by Morketh View Post
    So we are a group of 3 people and not planning to get much larger. We have our little homestead near a junkpile and a neighboring tribe of 13 or so people has warned us that they will fight if necessary and we tried to befriend them letting them know that we are all 3 very strong pvp'ers.
    LOL pvp in this game is all random at this point hit detection and lag make it a crap shoot, i have swung at air and hit people 20 ft away and have had the same happen to me, i have seen a guy hacking away at the air thinking he was swinging at me, people who try to grow their e-peen in the games current state are silly

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    LOL pvp in this game is all random at this point hit detection and lag make it a crap shoot, i have swung at air and hit people 20 ft away and have had the same happen to me, i have seen a guy hacking away at the air thinking he was swinging at me, people who try to grow their e-peen in the games current state are silly
    not really.
    won a 3v6, a 2v3 and others vs the local zerg tribe that thinks he can do whatever he wants.
    enough to stroke the epeen

but yeah pvp mechanics are really really terrible

So we've started a project to expand the lake near us (need the dirt, but don't want to ruin the view) and had some very weird effects tonight as we worked to fill it up with water. Then a neighbor comes by to see what we're doing and I jump into the new deep end and walk out. He jumps in and for some reason (we think because he's taller than us, not sure and we aren't tiny but couldn't figure out any other reason) can't get out, no matter what he tries. Finally my hubbie had to dig him a way out. Gave me an idea for a swimming maze/obstacle course, might be fun to use in a festival contest.

What a way to treat the neighbors