Thread: Xsyon Tweaks

Xsyon Tweaks

To be clear on this post. I am making a list of all the tweaks and bugs I've found while playing Xsyon. I have seen so many little things that need to be changed, fixed, or added to the game. I am going to make a large post instead of a hundred small posts. If at anytime the suggestions I make are unclear or inaccurate, please let me know. Keep in mind that these are just suggestions.

====================

---Major Bugs---
    EDIT: 3/27/10
    + When placing items in another bag, sometimes it moves the bag and places the item at the same time, due to form moving from any point on the form. This causes the bag form to alter the position of the background of the bag and the square boxes are shifted.

EDIT: 3/26/10
    + When in full screen mode, minimizing the game in the background causes the game to become unresponsive.--This is a problem with many games and I realize this isn't an easy fix. This is a result of the game being minimized for a longer period of time.

+ Construction of a wall next to a finished wall disables the ability to make the new project wall flush.

FIXED: 3/26/10
    + Seems players being close to your location creates lag.--Tested this with a friend and when we logged off the extreme lag that has been going on halted.

FIXED: 3/26/10
    + Seems rapid action queues are lagging the game. --Tested when clicking actions in long intervals over short intervals.

EDIT: 3/27/10 --Noted by: NorCalGooey
    + An invisible wall is created when players make trenches. Jumping across the trench becomes unrealistic.

---Minor Bugs---
    + Random disconnects are happening. Not sure why or what they are linked to.

EDIT: 3/17/10
    + When trading, a user will destroy an item if he accepts another users trade request while and an item is still being dragged.--I'm guessing that destroy item and accept trade are on the same Boolean request.

+ Opening bags while in water.--This seems like a bug to me, while swimming in water, I could not open any of my pouches and bags.

+ Moving inventory items.--The noticeable bug here is that the item doesn't drag with the cursor UNTIL it reaches outside of the item square. This can be a problem when moving items quickly. The item will not pickup if the item is dragged to fast out of the bag.

+ When Gathering resources, example...grass. Gathering is interrupted when viewing different profession recipes at the same time.

+ Changing permissions for tribes to access containers allows tribe members to access even private containers.

================================

---Major Tweaks---
    + Recipe's need an auto count of current possible choices of items to create an item. Instead of clicking each individual item and then crafting, make a create all of this category button.

EDIT: 3/27/10 --Noted by: NorCalGooey
    + Add DISMANTLE function to ranks. --used so griefing isn't possible for tribes with large amount of unchecked members.

EDIT: 3/27/10 --Noted by: Stevro
    + Need other means of canceling actions other than the ESC key.

EDIT: 3/27/10 --Noted by: Jizel, Minasojo
    + Make a form pin for bags and crafting boxes.

+ The combat system needs a complete rework. The hit box is far to small for players to get successful hits off in pvp. The dodging and parrying system is useless right now due to the hit box and laggy combat. Targeting is random when fighting another player, so it is unsure if you are even attacking them at all. And player items have no statistics for improving combat or just looking pretty when you get there.

+ Figuring out a maximum capacity for the server should be a priority. After that is made a logging queue should be made.

+ Leveling tied too much to network resources.

+ Crafting tied too much to network resources.--Use more client resources to handle objects.

+ Movement is tied to much to network resources.--Jumping is noticeably tied to much to the network making the transitions edgy and laggy.

+ Bags are tied to much to network resources. --bags should be more client side than server.

---Minor Tweaks---
    EDIT: 3/27/10 --Noted by: Stevro
    + Adding item level or rarity with a small description to recipes information.

+ Recipe's need better organization. Example...Armor, Utilities, Misc., ect.

+ Creating chat windows and filters for chat text.

+ At maximum resolution the Bottom of the screen that has empty space is inaccessible to place bag, craft, resource, etc.. forms.

+ Display tribe tags next to name tag on player object.

+ Moving bags on the players screen UI should only be movable by clicking and dragging the top of these forms.

+ Animal corpses seem to disappear to quickly.

+ A client compass to show North, South, East, West.--Possibly a craft-able item to create.

+ Online status of friends and tribal members.

+ Head-Bob in first person camera mode is too intense.--Make option of head-bob.

+ Eating when too full--This should give the option to waste food but top off Hunger bar.

+ Items in craft windows need to tell the client how many of possible items can be created from the craft.

+ When bags are full it will not allow the player to craft an item which could be added to a partial stack that is not currently full.

+ Items need descriptions besides the item name text.

+ Launcher should have an server status window.

+ Launcher should have a check for patch / abort patch / Play button. In that order of commands.

+ Tutorial tips option for in-game commands and play.

+ Logs for container activity

+ When the camera focuses in an angle against terrain the camera is behind the terrain texture.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAttack View Post
    To be clear on this post. I am making a list of all the tweaks and bugs I've found while playing Xsyon. I have seen so many little things that need to be changed, fixed, or added to the game. I am going to make a large post instead of a hundred small posts. If at anytime the suggestions I make are unclear or inaccurate, please let me know. Keep in mind that these are just suggestions.

====================

---Major Bugs---
    + Seems players being close to your location creates lag.--Tested this with a friend and when we logged off the extreme lag that has been going on halted.

+ Seems rapid action queues are lagging the game. --Tested when clicking actions in long intervals over short intervals.

---Minor Bugs---
    + Opening bags while in water.--This seems like a bug to me, while swimming in water, I could not open any of my pouches and bags.

+ Moving inventory items.--The noticeable bug here is that the item doesn't drag with the cursor UNTIL it reaches outside of the item square. This can be a problem when moving items quickly. The item will not pickup if the item is dragged to fast out of the bag.

+ When Gathering resources, example...grass. Gathering is interrupted when viewing different profession recipes at the same time.

================================

---Major Tweaks---
    + Figuring out a maximum capacity for the server should be a priority. After that is made a logging queue should be made.

+ Leveling tied too much to network resources.

+ Crafting tied too much to network resources.--Use more client resources to handle objects.

+ Movement is tied to much to network resources.--Jumping is noticeably tied to much to the network making the transitions edgy and laggy.

---Minor Tweaks---
    + Recipe's need better organization. Example...Armor, Utilities, Misc., ect.

+ Recipe's need an auto count of current possible choices of items to create an item. Instead of clicking each individual item and then crafting, make a create all of this category button.

+ Moving chat windows and filters for chat text.

+ At maximum resolution the Bottom of the screen that has empty space is inaccessible to place bag, craft, resource, etc.. forms.

+ Display tribe tags next to name tag on player object.

+ Moving bags on the players screen UI should only be movable by clicking and dragging the top of these forms.

+ Animal corpses seem to disappear to quickly.

+ A client compass to show North, South, East, West.--Possibly a craft-able item to create.

+ Online status of friends and tribal members.

+ Head-Bob in first person camera mode is too intense.--Make option of head-bob.

+ Eating when too full--This should give the option to waste food but top off Hunger bar.

+ Items in craft windows need to tell the client how many of possible items can be created from the craft.

+ When bags are full it will not allow the player to craft an item which could be added to a partial stack that is not currently full.

+ Items need descriptions besides the item name text.

+ Launcher should have an server status window.

+ Launcher should have a check for patch / abort patch / Play button. In that order of commands.

+ Tutorial tips option for in-game commands and play.

+ Logs for container activity

+ When the camera focuses in an angle against terrain the camera is behind the terrain texture.
    I agree with so much of this! Especially the camera and crafting! It a pain to not be able to see your character because the camera does not zoom in to the character if there is a slight amount of terrain in front of the character! Its quite annoying to try to angle your camera without hiding yourself from your own view

Also the crafting throws me off... Why does it not tell you how many of an item you are going to get? I didn't expect to get 4 grass fabric per craft. I thought I was only going to get on. Knowing how much of what we craft we are going to get will be very helpful!

OH and eating when too full should be an option... Instead of just saying "You are to full to eat all of this" it should be "You are to full to eat all of this. Eat anyway?" with a yes/no option. That way the player knows that the fish restores more hunger that what they are missing but they have an option to waste a portion of fish to top their bar off. I like my bars being full all the time and would rather waste some fish just to fill them. I think there are people who would agree with me on this.

And on the section of Yes/No I found a bug pertaining to that. My friend went to trade me some fish so he grabbed the fish in his bag before I sent the trade request. When he got the request to trade he clicked yes while holding the fish in his cursor. It destroyed the fish he was holding by clicking yes.

Anyway this list does a good job at pointing out a lot of what I feel needs to be worked on. Of course the lag issues we are having right now are top priority but once that's been smoothed out it would be nice to move on to these tweaks!

You realize that having your bar at full makes you fater?

I believe this is not yet implemented but as soon as it is you will grow ehavier and get fater if you keep that bar permanetly full. Manual says you should have it half filled if you want to maintain weight.

Other than that I do believe that you should have the option to fill it and waste the excess food if you so wished. Not sure how important that is right now. Thats a good list of Bugs/game limitations but most of it dont seem high priority.

Compass is a definitive no no. You have the coordinates, and you also have a rough map sketched by players and acessible by anyone. I always know wich way Im travelling. I would appreciate a map system like the one mentioned in a thread here, where you would scout and craft the map based on your own scouting and then have the ability to trade it with othr people.

Right now, the priority on that one is also low in my opinion.

Good list and good effort pointing some stuff out tough.

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    You realize that having your bar at full makes you fater?

I believe this is not yet implemented but as soon as it is you will grow ehavier and get fater if you keep that bar permanetly full. Manual says you should have it half filled if you want to maintain weight.

Other than that I do believe that you should have the option to fill it and waste the excess food if you so wished. Not sure how important that is right now. Thats a good list of Bugs/game limitations but most of it dont seem high priority.

Compass is a definitive no no. You have the coordinates, and you also have a rough map sketched by players and acessible by anyone. I always know wich way Im travelling. I would appreciate a map system like the one mentioned in a thread here, where you would scout and craft the map based on your own scouting and then have the ability to trade it with othr people.

Right now, the priority on that one is also low in my opinion.

Good list and good effort pointing some stuff out tough.
    Thanks for your input, I didn't know they were planning on making your hunger bar effect your weight. Good to know. I realize that players should learn the land and we already have cordinates. I've just been hearing people in chat being lost so I thought of a compass as a good directional tool.

Exclamation floating windows

when organizing and moving stuff in bags....the windows move all over the place. please for the love of god make it so we can pin these. It's driving me nuts.

something else , when you find a Pattern it would be nice to know what level and type it is without needing to try to learn it and then spamming escape key to cancel it if you begin learning it

Didn't see this one on here.

Add DISMANTLE function to RANKS.

For all we know, there are rats in each tribe RIGHT NOW waiting until the city gets large enough and then when everyone is sleeping, the RAT logs online and dismantles EVERY SINGLE BUILDING in less than 15 minutes.

It honestly surprises me that the devs didn't think of this right from the get go. This will destroy tribes and with it, the game as a whole. There is no Xsyon without large tribes. Period.

Added after 1 55 minutes:

Remove the stupid invisible wall barrier created by trenches. You CANNOT jump over trenches, even if you jump from a spot 20 meters higher. This is stupid and unrealistic.

I can't even jump from my walls over the trench to get places faster. I must leave through the entrances.

Note how unrealistic this looks as well as how it ruins the game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizel View Post
    when organizing and moving stuff in bags....the windows move all over the place. please for the love of god make it so we can pin these. It's driving me nuts.
    We suffer together on this one bro. We suffer together.. T_T