Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFK actions

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I see nothing wrong with auto-running into a wall. 9 times out of 10 that guy you see is at his keyboard because you have to rest every once in awhile. Also the advantage they get in running isn't that much, all it does it make you fatigued less well running. Also, only time people really did this was when all features were turned off, now that their back on most people just go on with their regular stuff.
    I see lots wrong with AFK macroers - report em and then skin em is what I say. Darkfall was ruined because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    I see lots wrong with AFK macroers - report em and then skin em is what I say. Darkfall was ruined because of them.
    But most of the people aren't AFK OR Macroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    But most of the people aren't AFK OR Macroing.
    Exactly I sit at my keyboard talking for hours while I am running into a rock...

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Exactly I sit at my keyboard talking for hours while I am running into a rock...
    LOL if this is true - very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    LOL if this is true - very sad
    Lol, almost done running....

Xsyon Citizen
    Another possibility is that you do nothing because you recognize it would be ridiculous for the devs to discipline people for autorunning, and avoid wasting their time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Another possibility is that you do nothing because you recognize it would be ridiculous for the devs to discipline people for autorunning, and avoid wasting their time with it.
    Spoken like an AFK macro'r... If you aren't AFK then running into walls is a perfectly acceptable waste of time. However like in darkfall the MAJORITY of people doing this are not there. So like I said. If you find one observe them for awhile, and make sure they are afk. Go poke them with a stick, and see if they move. THEN report them to not waste the Admins time.

People can make a macro that does the resting and the running.

All i would like is that we have no macroers, and yes there are people who just run into a wall to LVL up and they are not AFK, but how do we differ?

If there were no safezones, Macroers would have some trouble ;] even though there should be some kind of a safezone that prevents players from griefing.

I have a solution. Running skill should only work/count, not on tribe territory. So if u running into a wall on your tribe territory, it should not increase your skill. Also when you run, your movement should be recorded for the last 5? steps. And if those steps are a certain amount of distance then count the running skill

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Spoken like an AFK macro'r... If you aren't AFK then running into walls is a perfectly acceptable waste of time. However like in darkfall the MAJORITY of people doing this are not there. So like I said. If you find one observe them for awhile, and make sure they are afk. Go poke them with a stick, and see if they move. THEN report them to not waste the Admins time.
    I don't macro, afk or otherwise, in this game, because it's against the rules. And I don't autorun into walls either -- not because it's against any rules (it's not) but because it's boring and when the server is actually available, I want to actually play. Further, your method for "making sure" someone is AFK is quite a stretch, even if anyone agrees with you that people should be banned for (OMG!) autorunning.

In sum, your attempt at character assassination was pointless, and your suggestion unhelpful.