Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AFK actions

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Yes you're right, except that I could macro fishing one night, macro running the next, macro hide walking the next, macro terraforming level terrain the next, macro scavenging the next, etc. etc.

By the end of it all I' will have enough points to get a huge lead on everyone.

Also to whoever said they need to fix the game before worrying about macroers. That's the exact stance DF took and the macroers killed the game for a long time. The devs were way too late in implementing solutions to stop macroing and it was too late, everyone was already built up.
    um no dude.. macroing in Darkfall TODAY is still better than not. They have the meditation system but it doesn't work for specific spells. With the respawn rate of mobs and the fact that you actually have to hit them.. Macroing is still the number one way to level your magic..

In other words after 2 years AV has done NOTHING to curb the need to macro..

They tried to start banning people for macroing but it didn't work because the game was still too huge of a grind. People would rather risk the ban than grind their skills on mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cod3r_ View Post
    um no dude.. macroing in Darkfall TODAY is still better than not. They have the meditation system but it doesn't work for specific spells. With the respawn rate of mobs and the fact that you actually have to hit them.. Macroing is still the number one way to level your magic..

In other words after 2 years AV has done NOTHING to curb the need to macro..

They tried to start banning people for macroing but it didn't work because the game was still too huge of a grind. People would rather risk the ban than grind their skills on mobs.
    So what you're saying is you don't like Macro'ing in DFO. I agree, and it has nothing to do with this game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    So what you're saying is you don't like Macro'ing in DFO. I agree, and it has nothing to do with this game.
    You're trolling, right? What he's saying is that the design flaws of DF's character system make it more or less essential to macro, as he already said – a point that's potentially relevant to every MMO., including this one.

AFK macroing is botting. That's what it really is. An anti-botting policy costs money. Detection and enforcement cost money that could be going to improve and expand the game. Botters should have their accounts deleted. If a botter wants to play Xsyon without cheating after that, the botter should have to buy the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    AFK macroing is botting. That's what it really is. An anti-botting policy costs money. Detection and enforcement cost money that could be going to improve and expand the game. Botters should have their accounts deleted. If a botter wants to play Xsyon without cheating after that, the botter should have to buy the game again.
    I agree that an anti-botting policy will cost time, money and resources to enforce and It would be great is those time, money and resources could go into something else to expand the game.

But.. there is plenty of MMO history out there to show that lack of enforcement hurts the retention of your players based , specifically in an MMO that offers even the smallest amount of competitive PvP.

The least impactful way I can think of to deal with it is to enlist the playerbase to help police and identify afk macroing and offer some type of reward for offender that is caught. It will still require Xsyon staff or maybe Guides to investigate reported abuses but a reasonable reward and severe punishment I think the majority of the problems can be worked out quickly.

The Devs have made great strides dealing with the lag in the last week, I just hope they don't ignore the the impact of AFK Macroing, Botting,etc before it has a chance to unbalance things.

After doing some simple test with Hiding it is obvious there are many skills in the game that are time consuming to improve and have a significant advantage in PvP, the perfect things to improve with your trusty macro while you are at work or sleeping.

Xsyon Citizen
    Yet more reasons for the devs to reconsider character mechanics that reward macroing to sharply. This may be cheaper and have better results than playing cat and mouse with macro'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutaq View Post
    I agree that an anti-botting policy will cost time, money and resources to enforce and It would be great is those time, money and resources could go into something else to expand the game.

But.. there is plenty of MMO history out there to show that lack of enforcement hurts the retention of your players based , specifically in an MMO that offers even the smallest amount of competitive PvP.

The least impactful way I can think of to deal with it is to enlist the playerbase to help police and identify afk macroing and offer some type of reward for offender that is caught. It will still require Xsyon staff or maybe Guides to investigate reported abuses but a reasonable reward and severe punishment I think the majority of the problems can be worked out quickly.

The Devs have made great strides dealing with the lag in the last week, I just hope they don't ignore the the impact of AFK Macroing, Botting,etc before it has a chance to unbalance things.

After doing some simple test with Hiding it is obvious there are many skills in the game that are time consuming to improve and have a significant advantage in PvP, the perfect things to improve with your trusty macro while you are at work or sleeping.
    One of the problems I've had because of lag is that when I do see something that looks wrong, I can't be sure it's not because I'm lagging, the other player is lagging, or both of us are lagging. Maybe when things smooth out and stay that way for a bit (been great the past two days for the most part, anyway) I'll be able to know it when I see it. I can usually tell in other games after I've played awhile.