Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lockport, New York, USA --> Miami, FL, USA
    Personally, I'm willing to stick through my two and a half months, at least. I've seen effort by the developers to fix the problem, and that's all I really want to see, because it'll mean an eventual conclusion to the lag problems. I think we're too used to living in a society of instant gratification, forgetting that sometimes it takes time for good things to happen, which is why I think it's silly for people to give up and move on so quickly.

On the other hand, it's probably better that way, because these are the people the complain the most, and all that does is bring down community morale, because the incessant and repeated complaints will accomplish nothing else. The developers are already aware of the problem, and harassing them further is just going to add more people to the hate bandwagon, which accomplishes nothing. So...yeah, if you're quitting already, by all means, proceed.

I agree, it is actually somewhat fun.

Anywho, I'm staying for my free 2 months and a half at least. I must say, that I am a bit ashamed people would ask a refund.
    They should have known what they were getting into -or- at the very least, they should have done it before the game was actually released and the pre-order was taken down.

I suppose it is legal enough.. I just don't get it.. Honestly, people should have known better or their expectations should have been lower. They should have read up on all the information on the game, including developer team (it was the second thing I read up on after seeing the game.), understood and re-read the feature list after it was updated (everything in it is in-fact in-game broken or not it is present.) but people don't.. Usually at least and they end up being disappointed because they didn't do their ground work properly (never ever ever ever solely rely on a review..).. That or some people really just have a neck for inter pretending way beyond what is reasonable..

Anywho.. I had my fun, wonder if the lag cleared meanwhile :P.

Its been hard to 'get going' with all the lag and server issues...However, it really does seem like a great game and am willing to hang in there for a while until things get sorted out. I have been online at all hours of the night trying to do things in between lag and have noticed the devs seem to be up and working (orange messages come across from time to time with questions and such) hard. Will give it some time and see how things go.

you realize if you did get a refund or whatever, you lose the power to post in the "Members Only" sections of the forums. This question is best asked I guess in the "Visitors" sections, where the public is actually able to post.

I'm in it for at least the free 2 months as well. I have had a lot of fun in Xsyon and hope that the lag issues don't keep me from having fun playing it in the future. However, it would be great to see a server population number on the launcher...but it would also be great to actually have a server status widget, and news feed in the launcher as well.

[QUOTE=AlexTaldren;66791]I'm in it for at least the free 2 months as well. I have had a lot of fun in Xsyon and hope that the lag issues don't keep me from having fun playing it in the future. However, it would be great to see a server population number on the launcher...but it would also be great to actually have a server status widget, and news feed in the launcher as well.[/QUOTE]

I like this idea in anygame..even if it's dying.

I will not ask for a refund. It all comes down to how fun the game is, how much content there is, and how much I can still improve my character when the 2.5 months are up. If I am not satisfied by then I will stop paying for further game time.

I'm here for the long haul. I spent the 40$ for the game because I had the money to spend. I don't need it back and it's not missed. I'm willing to support something that, to me, sounds quite promising.

What about you Star? You make a lotta threads with a similar theme, are you planning on bailing or staying?

Yep, I support the dev team and the game. I may even just send them money if they need it. I think the potential is great and I support the entrepreneurial spirit.

the only main thing (besides combat) that people are complaining about is lag. Thing about that is that lag is a very specific problem. there is no theory behind it or opposing views. It's a matter of finding the code that needs to be optimized and doing so. it'll take time but they'll get it right. If you don't like the underlying content then that's one thing but to bail because there is lag at launch is flat out silly.